51.

Monday, April 9th 2018

"Can I get you a drink, mate?" Jeff nods and pulls his long hair up into a bun

"Can I get you a drink, mate?" Jeff nods and pulls his long hair up into a bun. "Nora made a pot of coffee..."

"Yeah, man, I'll have a cup, thanks." Harry pours his friend and producer a mug of the dark roast. "How is she by the way?"

"She's..." Harry chuckles. "She's twenty-eight weeks pregnant and handling it like bloody Wonder Woman. She's incredible."

"Is she home?"

"Is she home?"

"Yeah, she'll be down in a minute, she's getting ready for her first exercise class of the day."

"How many of those does she do?"

"Pilates first, one yoga and then she does an hour of ballet. I'm telling you, Jeff, she's only put on the weight in her belly...the rest of her is still as skinny as before she was pregnant."

"She's healthy though?"

"Oh, of course. She puts me to shame." As if on cue, Nora comes strutting down the stairs, looking cute and perky in black tank top and black leggings. Her blonde ponytail swings back and forth as she smiles at the two men. Harry looks at her like she's an angel—well, to him, she really is.

"It's nice to see you, Jeff." She comes over and kisses his cheek.

"You too, Nora, and may I say...you are absolutely glowing. You look fantastic." She laughs.

"Thank you! I mean, I feel like I'm going to fall over every other minute, these two are really weighing me down, but I'm getting through."

"Well, I wouldn't have known."

"You're sweet, Jeff. How are you?"

"I'm okay, doing alright."

Oh, good. I'm glad to hear that." Nora looks to Harry as she slings her bag around her shoulder. "I'll be back in a couple of hours."

"A couple of hours?"

"Yeah, I have to stop by the market and pick up some things. Do you want anything?" He shakes his head and pulls her waist in.

"No thank you, baby. I love you." She pinches his chin lightly and kisses him.

"I love you too." She walks back towards the stairs, "Jeff, it was a pleasure seeing you."

"Always a pleasure, Nora. Enjoy your day."

"You as well...you boys have fun." Harry and Jeff both forced smiles. They knew this meeting was strictly business. As Nora sauntered back upstairs and exited the the brownstone, Jeff looked at the now twenty-four year old and sighed.

"We gotta talk about this, man..." Harry groans and let's his head fall back.

"Did you just see her? That girl who just walked out of here? That beautiful, wonderful, incredible girl who just so happens to be carrying, not one, but two of my children?"

"I like Nora a lot, Harry. I really do. But you are my artist and I love you. I just want what's best for you and your career. I mean, Jesus, this all happened so fucking fast, and I'm confused by it."

"Confused by what, mate?"

"Just how quickly you two have gone about this whole...this life that you've decided on."

"Do you know how long it took me to really feel...genuinely happy? Like, real, powerful, butterflies-in-my-stomach happy?" Jeff shook his head. "It's when I met that girl. I spent three years of my life doing the same thing over and over again, in a stagnant, unhealthy relationship. I wasn't happy. Career-wise, when I was in One Direction, yeah, I was on top of the world, but I was younger then—"

"You're still young, Harry!"

"So is Liam, who's married with a child, and Lou's got a kid...why can't I have that? Why should I not be able to have that?"

"I'm not saying..." He trails off, "Harry, you are the future of music, I know that...I see that in you. I want you to do everything you can to make yourself the best musician that you can be."

"And I will, I plan on that...and Nora supports me."

"So, she'll support you when you go on tour?" Harry chuckles a bitter laugh.

"You're talking about me going on a bloody year long tour starting in September."

"We can still make that happen."

"My children will barely be a few months old! Are you insane?" Jeff rubs his temples, clearly frustrated.

"Alright, fine. What if we can push it back to start in, say, January?" Harry shakes his head. "Would you do it then?"

"I'd have to speak with Nora."

"Well, if that's going to happen, I need you to talk to her, like, immediately."

"I'll talk to her, Jeffrey."

"I'm serious, Harry."

"I said, I'll talk to her, mate."

"Don't be like that, don't be pissed at me."

"I'm not pissed, Jeff. I'm just...frustrated."

"With me?"

"No...not really—I mean, aside from you riding me continuously about this after I specifically told you I wasn't doing it—I'm not frustrated with you. I'm frustrated with the situation."

"The situation as in you and Nora jumping into this like you're on a fucking mission? Engagement, buying a house, getting pregnant? Check. Check. Check. That situation?"

"See, when you say things like that, I do feel very frustrated with you."

"I'm calling it how I see it, man. Sorry if you feel like I'm attacking you, or whatever." Harry abruptly stands up.

"I'll talk to her, Jeff."

"Oh, meeting adjourned then?" Harry walks away from him. "I guess I'll see myself out."

"Yeah, mate."

"I'll call you at the end of the week, Styles." His producer finishes his cup of coffee, rinses it and then walks out of their home.