46.

I just want you all to know, and I forget if I said it in earlier chapters...but this is not the end. Not even close. I think we're about halfway there though! Hope you're enjoying it!

===

The lights were all off in their room at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, but the doors to the lakefront balcony were open wide. The moonlight illuminated the Commodore Suite and it allowed Nora to see her ring perfectly. She admired the dainty pearl and the bed of diamonds that surrounded it. "Why a pearl?" She asked him. Harry looked at her like she was crazy.

 Harry looked at her like she was crazy

"Nora!"

"What?" He rolls over and pulls her fingers down so he can get a good look at the delicate rose gold. He kissed her palm and then looked back at her.

"It's your birthstone, lovely. June is a pearl—well, so is Alexandrite, but it's harder to come by and it's not very nice looking, to be honest with you."

"I like pearls so much...so this...it's so much more than perfect, Harry. I'm in love with it and I'm in love with you."

"I'm in love with you too." His voice is soft as he gazes at her, and his fingers gently tickle her clavicle. They both stare at each other for a few seconds. "I want to have a baby with you." Her smile falters slightly.

"You do?" He nods.

"If you want to stop taking your birth control, then I think you should do it."

"An engagement and baby talk? How did I get so lucky?"

"Why should we wait? Life is too short, and I know it's not something you like to discuss, but your mom, Nora...she was so young and she still had so much to live for." She nods, solemnly. "I'm tired of waiting for things to happen at the perfect time. We need to make it happen if we're both ready. Are you ready? Or is this something that you do want to wait on, at least for a bit?"

"No, I agree with you. Life is too short to make excuses. I'm ready—I'm totally ready."

"So, step one...stop taking it, then maybe we can just..."

"I think we have to have sex in order to make a baby...that's just a hunch though, I could be wrong." Harry begins tickling her in reaction to her sass.

"Alright you..." Nora giggles manically and somehow, without telling her he's doing so, Harry slips back into her for the third time this evening.

"Oh...so we're doing this again then."

"Why wait?" He muses as a smirk plays on his pink, swollen lips.

"Unfortunately, I haven't stopped taking it. I will be officially starting—rather, stopping tomorrow."

"Good girl." He thrusts forward, filling her up.

"A baby is a big responsibility, Mr. Styles...are you sure you're up for it?"