49.

Six Weeks Later — Thursday, November 16th 2017

"Nora Dodson?" The nurse called from the reception window

"Nora Dodson?" The nurse called from the reception window. Harry and Nora both stood up. "Dr. Ghausi will see you now." They walk into her OBGYN's office and he's waiting with a smile on his face.

"Nora, it's good to see you."

"Nice to see you, Doctor." She sits down on the bed. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, but when you saw me two weeks ago, I noticed that your HcG levels were unusually high..."

"What does that mean?" Harry asks quickly, as Dr. Ghausi begins the ultrasound.

"It's nothing bad, you are completely healthy, but HcG is human chorionic gonadotropin, it's the hormone made by the pregnancy that can be detected in the blood and urine...you're eight weeks along and the normal level would be around 7,650."

"And what are my levels?" Nora asks, nervously.

"8,780."

"Okay, what does that mean? Is she alright?" He nods at Harry.

"She's fine, Nora...you are, like I previously stated, completely healthy."

"And the baby?" He chuckles.

"Actually, babies." Nora's eyes dart to Harry. "Congratulations, Ms. Dodson, Mr. Styles...you're having twins." Harry's eyes fill with tears, and just in time for the two sets of heartbeats to echo inside the small, dark room.

" Harry's eyes fill with tears, and just in time for the two sets of heartbeats to echo inside the small, dark room

"Oh my god..." Nora breathes, as her own tears begin to stream down her cheeks. "But how...how did this happen?"

"Well, it could very well have something to do with the manner in which you stopped taking your birth control. There are so many explanations for twins, but the immediate cease of a contraceptive is a common one. Based on how far along you are, and when you told me you stopped taking it, it makes sense. You got pregnant very soon after, maybe a few days."

"But we took tests...they were negative."

"That is also common. If your HcG levels weren't high enough yet, which they may not have been, the test probably couldn't detect it."