55.

Sunday, May 6th 2018

"Will you zip me up?" Harry's fingers are cool as he palms her back with one hand and pulls her zipper up with the other

"Will you zip me up?" Harry's fingers are cool as he palms her back with one hand and pulls her zipper up with the other. He finishes with a kiss to her bare shoulder.

"Why are you nervous?" He murmurs, their eyes meeting through the mirror in their bedroom.

"I'm not nervous."

"Nora..."

"I'm not, I swear."

"Let me see your hand." She hides it from him because he just knows her too well. "If you'd show it to me, it'd be trembling."

"I'm not nervous...I just feel..."

"Feel what?"

"The last time I saw him, the last time he made an actual effort to see me, it was a couple of weeks after we found out. I've tried to meet him since and he just keeps making excuses as to why he can't. I don't know if he's mad at me or what, but I'm...yeah, I'm a little bit scared."

"He's your dad, baby. Why would he be mad at you?"

"Maybe because we're pregnant...or I don't know—I don't know."

"Lara and Eric will be there too, okay? It'll be a good night." He kisses the back of her head. "And I'll be right here, in case you weren't aware." This makes her laugh.

"Well, at least I know now."

"Are you feeling alright?"

"I'm fine...my back is sore, but I'm fine."

"You look unbelievably pretty, Nora Dodson."

"I feel pretty fat...also, do I look totally inappropriate in this dress?"

"No, you look perfect, baby. You do not look fat, and you do not look totally inappropriate. Swear it." His phone dings and he looks down at it. "Car's here. You ready?"

 You ready?"

"I think so." They walk down stairs, hand in hand and Harry locks the front door behind them. The drive to August Restaurant is a short one, even with the mild traffic in the West Village. A few stray photographers snapped pictures of them walking in, but they were accustomed to it, at this point. Lara, Eric and Elijah all stood up when Nora and Harry were lead to their greenhouse patio table, and thank goodness it was covered, because the late spring, early evening mist and warm rain was beginning to roll into the city. It was going to be a wet night. Elijah hugged his daughter tightly and kissed her cheek before shaking Harry's hand firmly. Eric winks at Harry and he winks back and Lara and Nora roll their eyes because the two of them have grown far too close in recent months. "How are you, dad?"