74.

Monday, December 19th 2022 — Harry

"Where are we going?" She asks me as I pull her across the wooded property. "It's fucking cold out here..." I don't answer her, instead, I continue tugging her along. "Harry, seriously! Where are we going?" I stop, only for a moment, simply to grab her face and kiss her sloppily.

"Will you please, kindly, shut it?" She smiles into my mouth as I kiss her once more. She runs with me this time, our hands clasped tightly as we dodge the barren trees. The guest house comes into view in a small clearing, and Nora stops suddenly.

"What is this? Is this the end? You know, rock star finally goes insane—slaughters wife and then offs himself?"

"Nora Lynn Styles! You're mental!" I laugh and wrap my arms around her slim shoulders. "Come on, you nut." She giggles as I walk us towards the quaint little cabin.

"Seriously, what is this? Do we have access to it?" I pull the key out of my back pocket and wiggle it in her pretty face, before turning it in the lock.

"There are perks, my love, to making the housing arrangements all on your own. This little place came with it, but I'm thinking, you know, if all goes well...keeping it to ourselves."

"Ooh, selfish. Now you're speaking my language." Her ivory cable knit sweater is soft and warm against my fingertips.

"You, missy, are the farthest thing from selfish." As we step inside, it's only slightly warmer than the winter air. However, it smells like cinnamon sticks, and that's only a good thing. "But, I'm about to be selfish with you."

"Think of it this way, we're giving the kids and your mom some extra quality time. You're actually being generous." I feel her body thud against the back of the couch as mine locks her in. My teeth nip at her skin hungrily, but due to the low temperature, my little guy isn't quite ready to perform to the full extent of his abilities. We'll surely get there.

"Very good point, angel." Her smile fades slightly, and her palms flatten against my chest.

"Can I, briefly, ruin this very sexual moment?" I force my hunger for her down, giving her my full emotional attention. I nod and search her eyes for a clue about what she's thinking. "This isn't me trying to look for attention from you, I mean, god knows, you give me plenty of it...it's just, I want to be honest with you. It's what we've both been really great at doing."

"What is it, love?"

"I think I have depression...some form of it." I'm not sure what to say in response to this. "It's been going on for a couple of weeks now and I keep trying to, you know, keep it at bay or push it away..."

"What are you feeling?"

"I don't know, that's my problem. I can't pinpoint the cause, because what more could I possibly need or want...our life is perfect right now. Our kids are perfect, you're perfect—more than perfect. But there's this feeling, Harry, this hole in me and I don't know what it is, and that scares me so much. It's like...this inescapable sick feeling."