57 | Malia Tate

Malia's heart breaks as you stand in front of her, telling her you can't be with her anymore

"You promised, y/n..." she started to say, but she stopped, trying to hold back the tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Lia. I just don't... I don't love you anymore." You say quietly, it broke your heart to see her so upset but it hurt more being with her when you couldn't reciprocate the feelings she had for you.

"But you're my anchor... I can't do this without you." Her voice cracks.

"Malia, I'm sorry, I- I know how you feel about me and it hurts that I can't love you like you love me." You say, breathing out deeply.

"Why?" She simply asks, a tear trails down her cheek.

You furrow your eyebrows slightly, your heart sinks at the thought of what you're about to tell her, "my heart belongs to someone else."

Her face falls, she shakes her head slightly, asking the dreaded question, "who?"

"Mal..." you start to say but she cuts you off.

"Who?" She growls.

"Stiles." You say quietly.

"Stiles?!" Her voice rises an octave, she digs her fingers into her palms to stop herself from shifting.

"I'm sorry, Lia. I really am... it just happened." You whisper, feeling ashamed of your feelings.

"Y/n," Malia takes a deep breath, "please leave."

You nod, turning your back to Malia and walking away. A tear falls down your cheek as the image of Malia crying is ingrained into your memory.

"Goodbye, Malia." You say before you leave, knowing she could hear you with her werewolf senses.

"Goodbye, y/n." She whispers to herself, tears falling down her cheeks freely as her heart breaks even more.

***