146 | Lydia Martin

The pack was holding a meeting by the school buses about new pack members, Liam and Mason

The pack was holding a meeting by the school buses about new pack members, Liam and Mason. Scott and Stiles were debating whether they should let them be a part of the pack since it was getting pretty dangerous with the new threats.

However, Lydia's mind was elsewhere as she watched you walking into school.

"Earth to Lydia!" Stiles waved his hand in front of her face.

Lydia turned to glare at him, "what?"

"What are you staring at?" Stiles asked, a smirk flickering over his lips.

"Nothing." She muttered, looking behind Stiles to see you heading into the school.

Stiles turned around and then back to Lydia, "the new girl?"

Scott smiled, "you should go talk to her."

"I can't." Lydia sighed.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows, "why not?"

"Someone like her could never like someone like me, Scott." She sighed.

"Someone like you? Lydia, you are one of the kindest, most intelligent and beautiful people I know, how could she not fall head over heels in love with you?" Scott asked.

Lydia felt her cheeks burn slightly, "thank you, Scott..."

"What's stopping you, Lyds?" Stiles asked softly.

"I don't want to get her to get hurt." Lydia said sadly, thinking about all of the people she'd lost.

"If you don't go talk to her you'll be the one hurting." Scott noted.

"I don't want to risk it." Lydia said, walking away from the boys towards the school.

Later that day when the three friends were sat at their regular lunch table, Scott was smiling to himself.

"What's made you so happy, Scotty?" Stiles teased.

"Oh, nothing." He smirked, looking behind Lydia as he waved someone over to their table.

Lydia turned around and spotted you heading towards them, she immediately turned around and glared at Scott, "why?!"

"Well she's my new lab partner, so I invited her to sit with us for lunch." He grinned.

Before Lydia had a chance to object you were standing next to their table, "hey Scott." You smiled, then glanced at Lydia and Stiles.

"Y/n, this is Lydia and Stiles, guys this is y/n." Scott introduced you.

"Hey." Stiles nodded, grinning as he elbowed Lydia.

"Hi," Lydia said shyly, "it's nice to meet you."

You sat down besides Scott and faced Lydia, "it's nice to meet you too, Scott told me so much about you guys."

"Really?" Lydia raised her eyebrows at Scott.

"All good things." You smiled.

When the bell rang for the end of lunch you caught up with Lydia as she walked ahead, "Lydia!"

She turned around and she smiled as she saw you, "hey, y/n."

"So, I was wondering... I'm still pretty new here and I was wondering if there were any good places to eat around here?" You asked hopefully.

"Oh!" Lydia's eyes widened, "yes, I could, um, show you if you like? After school?" She suggested shyly.

"Sounds great, I'll meet you later." You smiled.

Scott had accidentally overheard the conversation and sidled up to Lydia when you walked away.

"Sounds like someone has a date." He teased as he walked alongside her to class.

"Scott!" She blushed.

"It's cute." Scott smiled.

"Thank you." Lydia smiled back.

"No problem... and don't worry about her knowing about the supernatural, let's just say she's not what you think." Scott winked before walking into his class, leaving Lydia curious to find out more about you but also excited for your date that night.

***

sooo... i have officially finished college and all of my exams, so expect a lot more updating :) xo