134 | Liam Dunbar

It was only a week after your hurtful breakup, yet Scott invited both you and Liam to the pack meeting

It was only a week after your hurtful breakup, yet Scott invited both you and Liam to the pack meeting. You had no idea why he broke up with you but you assumed it was because he'd been hanging around with Hayden a little too much lately.

Scott pulled you to the side before you went into the living room where everyone was sat, "I hope this okay, but we really need you both here."

You took a deep breath and nodded, "of course it's okay, Scott." You couldn't let Liam know how much he'd hurt you so you had made an effort to look good to show him what he was missing.

As soon as you walked into the living room you felt all eyes on you, when you looked around the room you caught Liam staring at you until he quickly looked away as his face was etched with pain.

Scott cleared his throat as he could feel the tension in the room rising and he started the meeting.

You tried your hardest to focus on what he was saying but you could feel someone's eyes burning into you. Turning to face Liam he quickly looked away again and a blush spread over his cheeks, suddenly you felt anger wash over you.

"What?" You snapped, interrupting the meeting.

Liam looked at you surprised, "wha-?" He stuttered, embarrassed.

"You know what, Liam. You've been staring at me this whole time, but you forget this is your fault." You growled.

"Woah, kids- maybe take this outside?" Stiles said.

"Shut up, Stiles." You glared at him as he put his hands up in surrender, then you directed your gaze back at Liam.

"Y/n... it wasn't an easy choice to make." Liam said, looking at you nervously.

You scoffed, "sure."

"Really." He pleaded, "it wasn't. I loved you, y/n... I still do, but you're my weakness and I don't want you to get hurt."

You rolled your eyes, "really? The 'I don't want you to get hurt' excuse?" You found yourself laughing at his pathetic excuse since you were a werewolf yourself and could clearly take care of yourself.

"Yes, really. Just because you're a werewolf doesn't mean you can't get hurt." Liam said.

As you both bickered the rest of the pack watched you both argue back and forth, afraid to step in.

"Why don't you just go and be with Hayden, the real reason you left me." You spat.

Liam looked confused, "Hayden? You think me and her-?" He asked, then a laugh erupted from his throat, "we were put together on a school project, she would never compare to you in any way, y/n."

You sank back in your chair, lowering your voice, "then why did you break up with me?"

Liam shook his head, "I've regretted it ever since, I was just angry at the world... you didn't do anything but I took it out on you and I'm sorry, y/n. You don't know how much it's hurt me seeing you so broken because of me."

Stiles groaned, "can you two love birds just kiss and make up already?"

This time Liam shot Stiles a glare and he stayed quiet.

Scott gestured for Stiles and the others to leave whilst you stared at Liam.

"You can't expect me to forgive you every time you get angry and break up with me, Liam. It's not fair on me." You sighed.

"I know, and I don't know how many times I'll have to say I'm sorry, but I really am." He said.

You didn't reply for a few moments as you didn't know what to say, he'd broken your heart but he was your first love and you couldn't help but want to forgive him.

"If I forgive you will you promise to talk to me about what you're angry about instead of cutting yourself off from everyone?" You asked.

He nodded, "yes, I promise."

You smiled slightly before reaching over to his hand that lay on the couch. You took hold of his hand and he squeezed yours.

"I really am sorry, y/n." He admitted.

Scott poked his head back through to the living room door and raised his eyebrows, "everything okay?"

You nodded, "yes."

"Alright, because I kinda still need to explain what this meeting was about." He said as everyone started entering the room again, noticing your intertwined hands the pack felt relieved that they wouldn't have to choose sides again.

***