79 | Liam Dunbar

Coach Finstock gives Liam a lecture after he performs badly in a lacrosse game

"We all know you've broken up with your girlfriend but you need to get your head in the game, Dunbar." The Coach yells in front of everybody.

"Don't remind me, Coach." Liam mutters.

"Now that that's settled, you can all go back to your pathetic little lives until the next game where I expect everyone to be in top form!" He blows his whistle to dismiss everyone.

***

Liam walks home in the rain, thinking about you, he'd messed up- putting lacrosse before the girl he loved and now he seemed to be losing both of his favourite things in the world.

***

You were sat at home, wiping away the tears at the thought of not going to support Liam at his lacrosse game, you'd been to every single one of his games even before you were together. Now Mason had texted you about how Liam was distracted and failed to score any points for their team and the lecture he'd received from the Coach.

You put your feelings aside and decided to make the first move, he'd broken up with you because he had to focus on lacrosse but everyone knew it was hurting both of you.

Y/n: Sorry about tonight, if it's okay with you I'd love to go to the next game to support you.

Liam was shocked when he read your text and he immediately replied.

Liam: I'd love that...
P.s I'm sorry about everything.

Y/n: It's okay.

Liam: It's really not, can I please make it up to you?

Y/n: I'd really love some ice cream right now.

Liam: I'll be there in 10.

And so, Liam arrived at your house with two tubs of your favourite ice cream and you both sat on your bed, talking through the night as if nothing had happened. You were ready to forgive him.

***