68 | Derek Hale

Derek came home covered in blood and cuts, you sat him down on the bed before you turned away from him, concealing the pained look on your face

"You can't keep doing this to yourself, Derek. It's not good for you... and I hate seeing you like this because one day I fear that you won't come home at all and that's what I hate the most." You held back the tears forming in your eyes.

"Y/n..." he trailed off, waiting for you to turn around.

You took a deep breath, turning to face him, "what can you possibly say to make this better, Der? We both know you won't stop."

"I can't stop, y/n. I have a pack to protect, they need me." He insisted.

"Have you ever thought that maybe I need you?" You blinked back the tears threatening to fall.

He was quiet for a moment, shocked, "y/n..." he looked down at the floor, avoiding looking straight at you as it broke his heart seeing you so upset.

"Derek..." you hesitated before saying what you were about to say, "I think it's time we broke up." Your voice cracked and the tears fell, you didn't attempt to stop them.

"Y/n, I'm sorry." He looked up at you, his face etched in pain.

You walked to the door of his loft, not looking back. Derek stared after you, not trying to change your mind, he knew how hard it was to see someone you loved in pain. He knew you were constantly worried and he didn't want you to be anymore, he just hoped you'd find someone who could love and protect you more than he could.

***

Poor Derek :( hopefully we'll see him in 6b!