chapter. 1

Casual hookups are the supersized fries of dating. They're not nourishing, they don't satisfy for long, they're not great for your heart and they usually come with a small packet of regret, but oh boy-  Ross will do just anything for a one night stand.

Ross, Ross Lynch to be exact, the biggest man whore at Marino High, happens to be my best friend. The guy known for his cocky attitude, hot looks and ability to get any girl to drool over him, yup. My best friend, who's rules apply to be;

1. Never Sleep With Her Twice.
2. Never Eat Breakfast With Her.
3. Never Sleep In My Bed.
4. Never Sleep With A Virgin
5. No Commitment, EVER.

Ross is the guy known as the "Fuck and Chuck" kind of guy, the "No Strings attached." The, "One Night Stand."

Which I think is unbelievably cruel to any girl with genuine feelings, but again- Ross was never like this. Ross just became this way near the end of junior year when his girlfriend, Tess VenderWell of six months, cheated on him a bunch of times because she was having 'commitment issues'. Ross took it really hard when he caught her cheating on him with his ex best friend, Dylan Moore. Who is almost one of the most known guys in school- he just has a different reputation than Ross.

Ross and I have been best friends with each other since the middle of sophomore year, we were failing science together and we always used to sit with each other and come in for help all the time, becoming Mr.Sedrick's favourite students and class pets; showing initiative by coming in for extra help made him shockingly pass us both with a fifty two, even though we should have failed.

And from there on, Ross and I were considered best friends, he's a really outgoing, funny, extremely sarcastic, nice guy- to who he wants to be, so it's sad to see him have turned into such a douchebag- although he isn't a douchebag to me. We're still the best friends we were since sophomore.

But what he's doing to himself and these girls, is pretty sad.

Anyways, I should probably tell you about myself now, I'm Laura, Laura Marano. I'm a senior at Marino High with pretty high grades for someone who dreads school and doesn't even put much effort in. I'm currently in relationship with Jayce Kinning's, he's sooo cute, and not to mention how well he treats me. He plays on the varsity football team with Ross, and they're pretty good friends as well.

Ross and I hangout all the time, I probably spend more time with him than Jayce- but it's only because I'm all he really has, yes we have friends, Ross has tons of friends, we hangout in the same group, with Jayce, Heather, Devon, Bryan, Eric, Stacy, and my other female best friend, Teresa. Ross' male best friend I think is Devon Martin, who also happens to be on the varsity football team.

But with Ross and I being the closest out of the group, I feel like he only really trusts me.

Now looking up at the clock in my english classroom, getting bored of Mrs.Henderson's lesson, I waited impatiently for the lunch bell to ring.

Ding, Ding...Ding

Thank God, the room echoed in sounds of chairs screeching the floors as all the other kids in here probably feel the same way I do as they rushed out of their chairs, grabbing my purse and hanging the strap over my shoulder, I walked out into the crowded halls.

"Hey, babe." I smiled up at Jayce when I heard his voice, shocked that he found me in the crowded hall, standing next to me as he intertwined our fingers together, "How was class?"

"Boring as hell," I told him, "I'm so excited to eat."

"Me too," He smiled, once we made our way down the stairs and entered the cafeteria, I collected the odd looks, and glares from all the different stereotypes at their own tables. That's one thing I hated about the cafeteria. Jayce and I walked up to the line, grabbing a tray for both of us and saw that they were serving pizza and fries today.

Giving the lunch lady six dollars, Jayce and I went to our table, with all our friends.

"Ouu, gimme me some!" Heather licked her lips, taking a few fries off my tray, I slapped her hand away after she grabbed about six.

"Have you guys seen Ross?" Eric asked, looking up from his phone, I shook my head- he's probably coming, he loves when the cafeteria sells pizza, and it was his lucky day because they only sell pizza and fries on Wednesday's. His favourite combination.

"Hey guys," I turned around to see Ross, his blonde fluffy hair all messed up and his clothes wrinkled, "I was um.. busy." He grinned, sitting down on my left side like always.

"Yeah," I chuckled, grabbing a napkin and licking it before wiping Ross' cheek that was covered in pink lip stick, "Very busy."

"Ew," He groaned, swatting my hand away, and rubbing his cheek with the palm of his hand, "You licked that, my mom always does that."

I put down the napkin and grabbed my pizza, taking a bit of it as Bryan and Ross started a conversation.

"Have you ever made out with Vanessa Greenfield, because holy shit she's good." Ross laughed, picking up one of my fries.

"Ross! Fuck off, go buy your own fries." I snapped, moving my tray closer towards me.

"Let me guess, Saturday night?" Bryan sighed, referring to when Ross plans to sleep with this Vanessa chick.

"Friday," Ross grinned, popping a french fry into his mouth, "But close guess."

I turned away from the disturbing conversation, smiling as I saw Jayce looking down at his phone, changing his lock screen to a picture of him and I.

"That's cute," I chuckled, making him jump out of fright and blush hard.

"You're cute," He smiled sweetly, as we met each other's gaze.

"Guys come on," Ross said with a disgusted look plastered on his face, "I'm eating, save your sappy, cheesy shit for when you're alone."

I slapped Ross in the arm, making him flinch from the pain, "Ow, Laura!"

"Those are my fries, quit it out." I glared at him.

"Sharing is caring," He grinned, "Plus it's me, your best friend. Make an expectation."

I rolled my eyes and shoved my tray of fries in his face. Not even bothering to argue.

"Thanks Laura!" He said with wide eyes, smiling down at the plate of fries.

"You owe me six dollars." I told him. "But anytime."

And I watched him chew on the fries, making conversation with Heather and Eric.

~~~

Hey guys, how do you feel about this story so far? This was the first chapter so pls don't be so harsh with the criticism 🙆🏻
I decided to name the book 'No More Reasons' since that book title got most votes, I rlly hope you enjoy this book, I have lots coming for it 💓
Oh! And how do you like the cover? 😌