chapter. 12

"Your dad and I will be back soon, okay?" My mom said rushing around the house in her tight fitting black dress, I'm not sure where they were going and to be quite honest. I didn't really care to ask, I just nodded, turning my head back to the television that was playing 'Thirteen Reasons Why'

Thinking what if I was Hannah Baker, who would I give a tape to? Definitely Ross.

It was Sunday now, and Sunday's are my lazy days. Especially this one, I was curled up in a ball on the couch, wrapped in my blanket with a box of tissues and bowl of popcorn beside me.

"Bye hunny, love you!" My mom said before shutting the front door, I nuzzled closer into the cushions and continued watching my show; seeing my phone light up beside the box of tissues, Ross has been texting me non-stop since last night. And all of today, I grabbed my phone and unlocked it, reading the seventieth message he's probably sent me: Laura please answer me. I miss you like crazy, I can't explain how sorry I am. But I just need to talk to you, please, please, please answer.

I set my phone back down. Ignoring that one too, I decided to call Teresa; my second best friend for some company, luckily she answered and said she'd be here in 10 minutes. So as I waited, I finished watching the rest of this episode.

Hearing a hard knock on my front door, I yelled, "Come in." And there she was, her brown straight hair to her mid shoulder as she wore light blue skinny jeans with a baggy grey sweatshirt, she gasped and covered her mouth when she saw me.

"You look hideous!" She exclaimed, grabbing the remote from the coffee table and turning off my tv.

"Hey!" I said, "I was watching that!"

"What the hell happened to you, did you fight a bear in the forest?" She teased, sitting on the opposite couch as me.

"Haha." I said sarcastically, "No I didn't, I fought Ross."

"Fist fight?!" She asked, eyes widening.

"No!" I said annoyed, "We got into a huge fight yesterday and I haven't stopped crying since Friday."

"And why is Teresa Jamison, just hearing this now?" She asked, pointing at herself.

"I haven't talked to anybody." I shrugged, getting up from the couch to bring my bowl of popcorn into the kitchen.

"Does Jayce know?" She asked, following behind me, "I mean Jayce has to know right?"

"I broke up with him," I sighed, seeing her facial expression wanting me to explain why, "Because he said I was too boring for him since we've never slept together, and from being so bored, he cheated on me."

"That stupid son of bitch, he's such a pig!" She said angrily, sitting down at my kitchen table as I washed the bowl in the sink along with a few other dishes. "Do you know who he cheated on you with?" She asked.

I shook my head, "He wouldn't tell me."

"Well he can go fuck himself, he never deserved you anyways. But where does your fight with Ross come into all of this?" She asked, making me turn off the running water.

I explained to her the story about mine and Ross' rock and the importance behind it since freshman year, and then I explained to her what happened after I left Jayce's and how I texted Ross and he never answered, then I told her how I went to our rock and he was there, kissing Bella. Concluding it all with what went down yesterday in the forest; basically our scream fest.