chapter. 20

‼️*Quick note ; When characters are texting, I will be using photos from now on instead of bolding it :) *‼️

Enjoy!

"I wanted a darker blue but this'll due." Teresa sighed, wrapping her lips around the jumbo smoothie she got as we walked through the food court in the mall.

"I think it'll match your dress nicely." I smiled at her, I just got mine painted white.

"Thanks," She smiled, "Yours too. Did you talk to Ross today at school?"

"Nope," I said bluntly, "Turns out he also switched partners for our assignment in Life Skills class. He literally went to Mr.Burkson and said he didn't want to be partners anymore so I'm stuck being partners with greasy Gavin."

"He's going to that extreme?" She asked wide eyed, "What the hell is his problem?"

"Beats me," I shrugged, "Last night we pretty much ended our friendship."

"What!" She choked on her strawberry banana smoothie, "You're kidding right?"

I shook my head and handed her my phone, she read our conversation from last night carefully.

Handing me my phone back, I shoved it in my pocket, "And he never answered."

"Wow, and you even took his emoji away.." She said in shock, "Don't worry, he's going to regret ever saying those things to you."

"It sucks because he actually thinks I'd lie to him about something like that, we're suppose to trust one another but I guess that boat has sailed." I confessed.

"It'll come back, don't worry. Things won't end up like the titanic." She teased, jokingly nudging me.

"The titanic is not funny." I glared at her.

"It was a metaphor," She said rolling her eyes, "Now let's go look at some shoes grumpy pants."

• • •

"Hey Laura, is that you?" I slipped off my shoes as I entered my house, immediately hearing my mom shout from the kitchen.

I walked in to the kitchen to see Mark and Stormie seated at my kitchen table with a steaming cup of coffee in front of them.

"Hey Stormie, Hey Mark." I said smiling, greeting them both with a hug as they are my second parents.

"Hey Laura, how are you?" Mark asked, his grey scruff becoming more noticeable as I looked directly at him, "Good and you?" I asked.