chapter. 14

"And this," I said circling the line on the triangle, "Is the hypotenuse!" I explained, smiling as Stormie placed a strawberry and banana smoothie in front of Ross and I.

"I'm glad you guys are finally best friends, again!" Stormie said smiling, "Ross was so depressed, moping around all the time, not eating, not talkin-"

"Mom," Ross hissed, "She doesn't need to know everything!"

I slightly smiled, "Don't worry, I was the same way."

"Well I'll let you two continue," Stormie smiled innocently, "I'll just be in the other room if you need me." And she walked off.

I was at Ross' house, invited over to hangout and help him study, I'm glad I came, I missed it here and all the Lynch's.

"So basically, you take this number and subtract it from this number," I told him, looking back down at the paper, grabbing his protractor, "And then you-"

Ross' phone began to ring, I saw him try and ignore it by pushing it away and looking at the paper, making me wiggle my eyebrows, "Is it Bella?" I asked.

He nodded, "But it's fine."

"Go ahead," I said, dropping the pen and watching him excitedly pick it up.

"For sure, yeah...of course..okay, bye." He said smiling, hanging up the phone. The conversation seemed short and still; I wasn't wanting to ask what it was about.

"So back to this," I said watching him shove his phone in his pocket, "This number gets-" And he cut me off.

"Did you get her invitation?" He asked, bouncing his leg up and down nervously.

"Yes." I said plainly, not really caring.

"Are you going?" He asked.

"I don't know if I'll be busy on June twelfth." I admitted, gulping loudly.

"She's really nice, Laura. She's just trying to make new friends." He said softly, "I'd really like it if you got along with her."

"Doesn't everyone want their best friend and girlfriend to get along?" I asked, chucking.

"She's not my girlfriend," He sighed, "Yet."

"You act like she is." I murmured.

"I'm planning on asking her at homecoming," He said shyly with blushing cheeks. I forced a smile.

"Cute," I said, "So does that mean Ross Lynch's reputation of the man whore is over? No more rules?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He shrugged, "I'm kind of new to this whole girlfriend thing, I mean after Tess.." He said quietly, "I'm just giving it all shot, I don't know if things are going to work out but I really do like Bella. But my rules still apply, so I'm trying my hardest not to sleep with her, or else I'll have to break up with her."

I nodded, acting like I understood, "I wish you the best."

"Thanks, Laura." He smiled softly, "So please give her a chance."

I nodded, "I'll think about it."

He looked down at the paper and began to ask questions making us go over his trigonometry test that he was re-testing on Wednesday.