chapter. 30

"Ross, what's all this for?" I groaned, he invited me over because he had the house all to himself, and had this stupid grin on his lips, setting up the stereo in the living room.

"We're going to get you pre-party ready." He chuckled.

"So why do you have music playing, a bunch of colouring books, twister and a paint pallet and white paper set out?" I laughed, observing everything set out in sections of the room.

"Because I'm going to teach you how to have fun." He exclaimed, tossing me a sweat band.

"I know how to have fun!" I said defensively, looking down at the pink band, "What's this for?"

"I'm going to teach you how to dance." He smirked, "So get up!"

I rolled my eyes, "Ross, the party is tonight. I don't have time to play your immature games, I could be getting ready."

"Laura Marano everybody! The most boring, dull, uninteresting human being out here." Ross said in a playful voice as he made his fist into a fake microphone so he could talk into it.

"You're rude." I said glaring at him.

"You're boring!" He spit back at me, "Just loosen up. Now get your boring ass up and come bust some moves with me."

I gave him a playful eye roll this time. Putting the head band on and standing up next to him as he stretched. I thought this was stupid but I guess I'll do it anyways.

"Now five, six, seven, eight..." And all of a sudden, Ross was dropping to the ground, shooting himself back up, moving from the left to the right, his legs and arms in the air as he moved to the rhythm of the music as I stood there, jaw dropped.

"Okay, now you try." He said casually, "Repeat what I did."

"You're insane." I mumbled, "For one, I never knew you were that good and for two, there's absolutely no way I can do that."

He chuckled, "Thanks, I guess we'll save dancing for the end." And he excitedly walked over to the colouring books and crayons laid out on the coffee table.

"Why do you have colouring books?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I'm fun!" He said holding it up in front of him like a little kid.

"You're immature." I corrected him.

He rolled his eyes and pulled me down to sit next to him on the couch, "Colour it." He said picking up a blue crayon and handed me a red one.

I shrugged and started colouring in the clown, but Ross grounded, "Outside of the lines, Laura."

"I don't see how this is helping." I mumbled, dropping the crayon in annoyance.

"It's because you think too much, stop thinking and just do!" He smiled.

"I can't, it's not who I am." I told him, "If I just stopped thinking and did everything without a care in the world like you, we'd probably both be in jail. I mean one of us has to be the stable one in this friendship." I chuckled.

"You're too serious." He grumbled laying down on the couch, "Are you this uptight in bed?"

I gasped and hit his chest, "No!"

"Seems like it." He smirked.

"Screw off." I told him, picking up my crayon again and scribbling all over the colour book,
"There is that fun?" I asked him.