chapter.42

Parking on the side of the road, I hesitantly got out, the drive here was long and the wind from my open windows, dried the tears on my cheeks, leaving my red eyes and puffy nose still running.

Shoving my hands in my sweater pockets as I walked down the trail to lead to our tree, I almost tripped because I saw Ross, sitting against the tree with headphones in. I sighed and quietly walked towards him, taking a seat next to him, but not disturbing him.

But he noticed me, and he ripped his headphones out of his ears, turning to face me and I had noticed his eyes were red and he was sniffling, was he crying too?

"Laura, hey," He said quickly, "What're you doing here? Were you c-crying?" He stuttered, trying to wipe his eyes and fix himself up.

I frowned, "Just needed to clear my head. What about you, why are you here, were you crying?"

He shook his head, playing with his fingers.

He's lying.

"Why're you crying?" He asked, changing the subject.

"School was just stressful today, I have a lot of assignments that need to be done by Friday." I lied, curling a piece of hair around my finger.

"You're lying." He said flat out, "I know when you're lying. You play with your hair."

I immediately stop playing with the strand of hair and felt my face go red, "Well you were playing with your fingers and that's when you lie, so tell me why you're here and why you were crying."

He shrugged, "Just got into a fight with R-Riker."

I frowned, we're both lying.

"Want to be honest with each other now?" I asked, sadly looking into his light brown eyes.

"I-I-I-" He started nervously, running a hand through his hair, "I-I haven't stopped thinking about the kiss."

I felt that firework explode in my stomach all over again...

"You haven't?" I asked, my eyes widened, "I-I mean, I haven't either." I admitted, shyly.

He just gave me a small, nervous smile. The awkwardness was starting and I strongly disliked it.

"Then what about today?" I asked, shaking my head, "You were at Nicole's house."

"I was trying to get you off my mind, but it wasn't working." He frowned, "I don't know why, it's just-"

I stopped him, "I understand."

He nodded, slowly.

"I thought you wanted to forget about it though?" I said shyly, kind of glad we're finally discussing it.

"W-Well I did," He admitted, "But that was until I realized I felt something when we kissed."

He did feel something!

"You felt something?" I asked, almost shocked.

"Y-Yeah, I mean if you didn't I completely understand but I definitely felt somethin-" But I cut off his nervous rambling one more time.