chapter. 19

I seriously just want to thank you all for all your dedication, all your votes and comments seriously make my day and they literally encourage and give me inspiration to keep writing so thank you so much guys, ily💞
Enjoy!

flicking the burnt cigarette ash into Teresa's ashtray she took a puff from her own.

Yes, Teresa smokes.

"So, want to tell me what made you want to smoke again?" She asked, glaring at me.

"I'm mad." I said bluntly, bringing the cigarette up to my lips.

"Why not punch a pillow?" She asked.

"You're being hypocritical." I retorted, glancing down at her cigarette.

"But, Ross wouldn't kill me if he found out I was smoking." She remarked.

"Ross can go fuck himself for all I care, I can do whatever I want." I said with an eye roll.

"Looks like he's just going to learn the hard way, you warned him." Teresa said shrugging, "Just like how you told me about what Tess is going to do with Dylan, I appreciate you telling me and now I'm going to have my eyes on him all night."

"Ross thinks I'm lying to him though!" I freaked, "Why would I make something like that up! He should've appreciated the fact I told him the truth!"

"Doesn't that say anything? he should know you would never make anything like that up." Teresa said sighing.

"So what're you telling me? That Ross really doesn't see me as a best friend?" I asked, putting out my cigarette.

"I didn't say that, but like you said; he should've appreciated you telling him, and if he wants to be the cocky asshole he's being, then karma is only going to stab him in the back." She told me.

I sighed and slumped down in the lawn chair out in her backyard, "I guess you're right."

"I am right, and I'm also right about this." She said raising up her cigarette pack, "You know these aren't good for you and Ross would definitely not like to find out you smoke on occasion, so don't smoke."

"Why do you smoke then?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're talking about you not me," She chuckled, "But I'm serious, you know how mad Ross got at Andrew and you know how much time he spent with you to help you stop smoking, he did all of that behind your parents back, knowing you still smoke would crush him."

"If he even cares about me anymore," I say rolling my eyes.

"You know Ross would never stop caring about you." Teresa said sternly, "Now you're just taking dumb."

"Can we go out tomorrow?" I asked with irritation in my tone, "Homecoming is this Friday and I really want my nails done."

"Make that a statement, we can definitely go get our nails done tomorrow." She smiled. "Want to invite Heather too?"

I nodded.

• • •

Parking my car in my driveway, I walked up my porch stairs and entered my house; my dad screaming at the top of his lungs.

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO THROUGH MY STUFF ELLEN!" He screamed, stepping closer to my mom's face.

"I didn't go through your stuff Damiano!" She exclaimed, "For Heavens sake the damn thing was under your pillow when I was making the bed!"