chapter. 29

Biology class was boring; just like every other class except I was so tired from not getting much sleep last night with Rydel; I was so drained, at least the party is tomorrow though.

I decided to text both her and Stormie, texting Rydel to thank her because she allowed me to sleep with her and thanking Stormie for allowing me to stay in their house in general; I've been thanking Ross all day so I think he's heard it enough.

Sitting next to Dylan, he looked at me and smiled, "Are you excited for graduation?"

Whoa... We still have prom, exams.. and then graduation. I don't want to think about that yet.

Mainly because; that means I'll drift from my friends and I don't like the thought of that, especially with Ross being a great football player, he's applying to the University of Notre Dame.

"Yeah," I said softly, "But it's still like a month away."

"True," He shrugged, "Are you going to college?" He asked me.

"I actually applied for Stanford University, what about you?" I chuckled.

"St.Mary's university in Calgary, it's a family tradition that I get in." He said frowning, "Although I do have to leave Teresa for a while and with her wanting to go to the Colorado State University, I'm scared long distance is going to cause problems for us."

I frowned and patted his back, "Don't worry. I'm sure you guys will figure something out, plus it's still a while away. Just live in the moment." I chuckled.

He smiled, "Thanks Laura, I'm gonna miss you."

Well he's not making this whole 'live in the moment' thing easy.

"I'm gonna miss you too." I frowned as my mind took me five years into the future to picture what's it like...

Ross actually skipped Life Skills class today. I didn't bother texting him and asking him why, because I already know the answer, and frankly ; I don't like it.

He was probably roaming around the halls with Brady or himself using his stupid good looks and charm to win over some whore who will agree to sleep with him on the day he chooses.

I shrugged it off as I walked towards my car, happy it was the end of the day and I could finally just go home and relax.

Maybe try and squeeze a little nap in there while I'm at it because again, I didn't sleep much with Rydel, she moves a lot and honestly, kind of snores. I don't know how Ratliff puts up with her at night; but he does love her which makes sense.

Pulling up to my house, I saw that my dad's truck was gone but my moms black SUV was parked in the driveway, as I parked and got out of my car to enter my house, I saw my mom sitting on the couch, sobbing in her hands.

"Mom!" I freaked, literally dropping my car keys and purse onto the ground to rush beside her, "What's wrong! Are you okay?"

She looked up at me, a black eye is what she had, my stomach turned and I felt nauseous. "I'm sorry, Laura!" Is all she said before collapsing onto me, I squeezed my mom tight; my dad did this to her.

Now usually I'm tough, I can give my dad attitude when he's drunk because he's a piece of shit; but not this time. He hit my mom. I was terrified.