chapter. 11

"I knew I'd find you here," He sighed in relief, stepping over the few rocks that were near me.

I gulped loudly, not wanting to even look at him right now.

"Why didn't you answer any of my calls, I was worried sick. I even called Vanessa." He said, jumping up onto the rock to sit beside me.

I scooted away from him, "She's in Seattle." I told him bluntly.

"I know," he said, "She told me. But you still aren't answering my question about why you didn't answer my calls."

"Just like how you didn't answer my text last night?" I snapped back.

"I was busy." He said softly, "But right when I saw it, I called you."

"Busy," I chuckled, sucking my teeth.

"What the hell are you talking about Laura?" He asked with annoyance in his voice.

I looked at him, and we met eyes. Then I looked down at the rock, at her name.

"What about it?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Did he actually just say that as if it's no big deal?

"What about it?" I freaked, "What about this being OUR rock? What about being there for each other when things get rough?" I said angrily.

"Laura it is our rock!" He said back to me.

"You brought Bella here!" I said, feeling tears start to form in my eyes.

"She's nice! She's a really good friend of mine, this rock doesn't mean anything to her." He told me, with frustration in his tone.

"Shut the hell up with that friend bullshit!" I said jumping off the rock, "I saw you two kissing on the rock last night, WHEN I NEEDED YOU!" I screamed.

"MY PHONE WAS IN THE CAR, I DIDN'T SEE THAT YOU TEXTED ME UNTIL AFTER!" He screamed back.

"Until after you were done making out with your friend?" I asked, feeling myself start to hyperventilate.

"We kissed," He told me, "Nothing else."

"ON OUR ROCK!" I screamed at him.

"ITS A ROCK LAURA!" He screamed even louder at me, pulling his hair with his hands as he paced around, "I really like her Laura! We were on a walk and I saw the forest so we decided to walk through it and sit on the rock, conversation started and then we kissed!"

"IT IS NOT JUST A ROCK!" I yelled, feeling anger grow in me, "THAT ROCK MEANS A LOT TO ME, AND I THOUGHT IT DID TO YOU TOO!"

"It does!" He said annoyed, "But I don't see the big deal, I called you right after I knew you were in need of me and I kissed Bella on our rock. Why are you so mad?" He asked, putting finger quotations around 'our'

"I broke up with Jayce because he told me I was too boring for him. I wasn't sexually active with him so he cheated on me." I told him, "And I needed you right at that moment, I wanted you and me here. At our rock. But no," I said wiping away my tears, "You were busy."