chapter. 52

"Hey beautiful," I giggled, only to recognize the voice of Ross. I spun around from shoving my books in my locker to only come face to face with my blonde headed loser.

"That was cute," I smirked, pressing my lips to his for a brief second.

"Glad you like it," He chuckled, "Cause you're going to get use to it. Want to come over today after school?"

"How was math class?" I asked smiling, shutting my locker behind me. "And sure."

"Tough, but I'm surprisingly passing. I might  need help tomorrow night though, unless you're busy than I'll need to get a new study buddy." He teased, slightly nudging me.

I gave him a playful eye roll and nudged him back, "I'll help you, I don't need you having any more study buddies."

He gave me a smile, "So, you want to tell our friends today?"

I nodded, taking a deep breath of confidence. "Yeah, they have the right to know."

"Alright," He smiled, "let's do this."

I stuck out my hand to interlock fingers with him and I gave him a shy smile, "Let's do this."

Walking into the cafeteria, hand in hand we spotted our usual table with our usual friends. I noticed Teresa and Heather right away, I smiled down at myself as all the different cliques around us stared down at mine and Ross' hands.

"Well, well, well, what's this?" Devon asked, his eyebrows raised as we reached the table.

Everyone else at the table, shot their eyes in our direction as well, Eric's jaw immediately dropping with a smirk implanted on Teresa's lips.

"We're um.." I chuckled nervously, squeezing Ross' hand to finish my sentence.

"Dating." Ross said confidently, smiling at our friends who had shocked facial expressions.

"You two?" Dylan asked, "Seriously?"

Was that meant as a good thing or a bad thing? ...

"Finally," Bryan sighed as the whole table broke into laughter and sighs of relief.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I chuckled awkwardly, taking a seat next to Ross.

"Nothing," Teresa chuckled, "We were all just waiting for this to happen, it took long enough."

"W-What're you guys talking about?" I asked almost in disbelief, Ross didn't seem to care much. He was just smiling. Did they think we liked each other this whole time? Did they have a feeling we'd end up together?

"We just knew you guys had something going on," Stacy explained, "We were just waiting for it to come out."

"I knew you liked Ross. What did I say, Laura?" Calum then asked, making me turn my head to face the red head who was eating..a..ham..?

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"I told you," He said, dropping his fork, "I'm the love whisperer," He whispered over his shoulder.

"Calum," Ross said chuckling, "Nobody calls you that." He whispered over his shoulder, making me laugh a little.

Calum frowned, earning a hug from Stacy. "Guys don't, Calum's great with girls."

Calum seemed to be uncomfortable by Stacy's touch that his whole face turned red and he started shifting around, wanting her to release her grip from around him, "I have to go talk to my football coach about practice." He said quickly.

Ross scrunched his eyebrows, "You're not even on the football team?"

Calum froze, "Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, I'm going to try out. See you guys later!" And he jumped up out of his seat, running out of the cafeteria.

Stacy frowned, "See, that's why I think he's cheating on me."

"That was a little strange." I admitted. "I wonder if he's up to something."

"Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh," Ross said counting on his fingers with wide eyes, "Five uh's! He is up to something!"

• • •

"Vader!" I squealed, watching Ryland and Kelsey's little black dog run towards me, I squat down to be able to have him run into my arms.

"Laura, sweetie. It's so nice to see you again." Stormie said smiling.

"It's nice to see you too, Stormie." I said smiling, Vader attacking my face with licks.

"My family doesn't know yet," Ross said whispering in my ear, referring to the fact we are dating.

"Oh, okay." I told him, letting the dog down. "W-When are you going to tell them?"

"I'm not sure yet," Ross said, "But I think my whole family is coming over on Sunday, like all my cousins and aunts and uncles for a dinner, why don't you come and we announce it to my whole family."

"Okay," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck, he smirked and pulled me closer towards him as he hugged my waist.

"Okay," He whispered, resting his forehead against mine.

"Okay," I giggled, brushing my lips against his to feel him immediately press his lips onto mine, I melted into it immediately and felt him gently bite my bottom lip, I giggled and opened my mouth, allowing our tongues to swirl together.

"Hey, best friends." Ross and I jumped immediately, pushing each other away as our faces grew red.

"Ratliff." Ross laughed awkwardly, "Hey bro."

"Sorry to interrupt on you guys eating each others faces off, I just needed Rydel's lap top." He said smirking, reaching over the couch to grab Rydel's lap top.

"Alright," Ross chuckled, wiping my lip gloss off his lips as he spoke again, "Hey Ellington, can you do me a favour?"

Ellington looked at Ross, a smirk growing on his lips. "This must be a huge favour if you just called me Ellington, you usually call me Ratliff so what's up, Ross?"

Ross smiled shyly, "Could you um, keep what you just saw between Laura and I between the three of us?"

"I'm pretty sure," Ellington said, smirking a little as he placed his finger on his lip, "You're the one who ran around on New Years, yelling that Rydel and I were dating, when we didn't want anyone knowing yet, right?"

"I was drunk, Ell. Come on, I already apologized, plus that was years ago." Ross explained, "Please Ellington, I want to tell my family in a special way."

Ellington smirked, "Fine, I'll keep your little secret."

"Thank you," Ross smiled, taking a breath of relief.

"Anytime bro," Ellington smiled, "Kind of shocked that you two are dating, to be honest."

"Shhh," Ross hissed, "My moms in the kitchen."

Ellington rolled his eyes and laughed, "Well I better go now, nice seeing you Laura!"

"You too, Ell!" I chuckled, watching him wink at us and walk away.

"Well that was close." Ross chuckled.

"You're an idiot." I laughed.