chapter. 55

Hey guys, quick note before you read this chapter. I'm not necessarily taking a break from this book, I'm more of just putting it on hold since I'm going to be working on my other story,
'Let's try | raura ' way more.
So I'd also really appreciate it if you guys went to check out that book right after because I most likely won't be updating this one very frequently. But again, I'm definitely not cancelling this book! I have tons of plans for it, but majority of my time will be spent updating my other book 'Let's try | raura' so I highly recommend if you all go check that one! And If I'm happy with all the votes and comments on it by the end of the day, I'll update this book a bit more 💜 Thank you!
~~~

"Laura, please come down and eat." I groaned into my pillow. I was in bed all day yesterday and today, currently being Sunday evening. I was suppose to meet all of Ross' family today and be introduced as his girlfriend...

"Mom, I don't want to!" I sobbed, "Just leave me alone!"

She knows what happened between Ross and I. I told her last night when she caught me crying in the bathroom--I don't know why I can't stop crying.

"Laura honey, please open the door. You need to eat, you can't starve yourself just because you and Ross aren't dating anymore." She explained with sympathy yet sternly.

"I'm not hungry." I murmured, sniffling my congested nose, even though I was starving.

"I'll bring you a plate." My mom sighed, and I heard her footsteps go back down the stairs.

I fell back onto my bed, wiping my tears away before taking a single breath, looking over to my night stand table with the photo of us.

"I hate you!" I cried, grabbing the picture frame and tossing it across the room so that it hit a wall and broke into pieces on the floor.

I sobbed harder into my hands, not knowing what to do anymore.

"Laura! Open this door right now!" I jumped a little when I heard my dad's voice--I was frightened, but I did.

When the door opened it revealed my dad, holding a plate of food with a concerned look on his face, "What was that sound?"

I frowned, "I-I'll clean it up, I was just mad."

My dad looked down at the broken picture frame of Ross and I, his eyes saddening. "Laura, what happened?"

I gulped, watching him walk into my bedroom and place the plate of food on my night stand table.

"We, We broke up." I choked out.

"Well I didn't even know you two were dating." My dad said wide eyed, bending down to pick up the big broken pieces of glass scattered across my floor.

"We weren't dating for long." I admitted, sniffling a little, "I don't want to talk about it."

My dad frowned, "Can I tell you a story?"

"If it's about how uncle Pete and Aunt Jamie got engaged than I don't want to hear it-"

"It isn't about them, sit down." My dad chuckled softly. I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed, he sat beside me.

"You and Ross have been friends for years, have you not?" He asked me.

"Best friends." I mumbled.

"It was obviously bound to happen for your feelings for one another to develop. Maybe he's just afraid." My dad explained.