chapter. 33

It was Monday now, Sunday flew by because I was literally just wrapped up in my blankets all day eating ramen and finishing up some un-watched episodes of Thirteen Reasons why.

But, my weekend was now over and I had to go to school, my dad for some really weird reason is um, sober and has been for three days straight and I actually caught him crying in his bedroom last night when mom was downstairs cooking. I didn't go in of course, but he was definitely sobbing.

Grabbing a quick apple off the counter before storming out the door, I quickly got in my car and began my drive to school.

Purple Rain by Prince came on once again, I'm not sure why..It's such an old song, but it's still mine and Ross'.

Speaking of him; I didn't bother him last night since he was at Melanie Jones' house, and for some odd feeling, I don't like thinking about it, it used to just bother me a little bit, but thinking about for a while, makes my stomach turn.

But I'm not jealous.

Parking, I stepped out of my car and locked it before biting into my apple and walking towards the entrance of the school.

"Laura!" I immediately turned and became face to face with Ross, who had a grin on his lips.

I wiggled my eyebrows at him, "What's the smile for?"

He held up his calculus test, "A+!"

I squealed and immediately gave him a quick hug to congratulate him, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Since all my marks are finally raising! I think they'll be good enough to get into Notre Dame for sure!" He smiled at me.

I chuckled, I don't want him to go... "Yeah! that's awesome, Ross. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, Laura!" He smiled ruffling the top of my hair, "I don't know what I'd do without your support. I love you!" He smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist once again.

I smiled at the three words, I love you.

"I love you too, Ross." I said sadly, slowly wrapping my arms around his neck.

Why am I so sad...

The day seemed to go by slow; with Ross skipping Like Skills and Dylan non-stop talking about the future in Biology, it was a shitty day.

Throwing my bag onto the couch after I got home; I greeted my mom in the kitchen who was rushing around to clean up the counter.

"Where are you going?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm going over to the Lynch's. Stormie and I are getting a trailer for the camping trip so we need to set everything up and go over everything." My mom said smiling as she kissed my forehead, "I'll be back soon. See you later, hun!"

And she left. I wanted to come...

Sighing as I grabbed my bag, I walked upstairs and into my bedroom, seeing that the bathroom light was on, I assumed my dad was in there.

Stepping into my room, I threw my bag onto my bed collapsed onto the bed, pulling out my phone to see the time and then plugged my phone into the charger, hearing a soft knock on my door.

"Yeah?" I called out, sitting up.

"Can I come in?" My dad asked behind the wooden door.