chapter. 58

I was numb as I sat next to Dallas during lunch the next day, waiting for Teresa and Stacy who promised they'd sit with me.

"Wanna go to the party on Saturday? everyone's going." He asks me, grabbing me from my thoughts from what happened with Ross in the change room last night.

I looked across the room to where a bunch of guys walked in and saw Ross along with Bryan, Devon, Eric, Dylan, Calum and Brady.

"Sure." I mumble, although I shut my eyes tightly, remembering what happened at the last party I attended.

Andrew.

"You okay?" He asks, placing his hand on my knee.

I wasn't sure what Dallas and I were, he was certainly attractive and kind, and I love his personality. But I don't know what road we're on.

I nod and shake off the nightmare, "Who's party is it?"

He takes a bite out his turkey sandwich, "Rosie Hough's. It's at her house and everyone is literally invited, even greasy Gavin."

I laugh uncomfortably at his joke, not being able to shake off the feeling of Ross' eyes on me, from a table only meters away from us.

"So Laura," Dallas pauses, turning to face me as he grabs my hands in his. "I've been meaning to ask you something."

I gulp loudly as I shift my eyes away from Ross' eyes that never leave my every move, as I look into Dallas' eyes.

"I know you just got out of a relationship and I know you probably don't want to date me just yet, but-- would you please go on a date with me this Friday night?" He asks nervously, his shy smile appearing. "I really, really like you, Laura."

I didn't really know what to say, but I smiled at his words and decided to agree. He is cute and I do kind of like him. "Sure."

"Great, I can't wait." And before I knew it, he snakes his arms around my waist, pulling me into his embrace as I smile and rest my head on his shoulder, hugging him back.

Ross' Point Of View

"What do you think they're talking about?" Bryan asks, suspiciously. Motioning his head towards Laura and Dallas alone at a table.

I suck my teeth, "I don't know and I don't care."

"Okay, Pinocchio." Eric says rolling his eyes, "Don't start acting like you don't care now. You're definitely jealous of Dallas."

"I am not jealous of that ugly ass, country boy." I laugh.

"Is that why you kissed Laura last night, then?" Dylan asks me, finally looking up from his phone as he messaged Teresa.

"I was just trying to see if I still had feelings for her." I shrug, watching Dallas take her hands in his.

"Do you?" Devon asks, making me look down at my fingers fidgeting with the rings on from nervousness.

"They never left." I mumble, making Brady sigh.

"I hate to break it to you, Ross. But he either just asked her out on a date or asked her to be his girlfriend." Brady sighs, pointing over at the two of them hugging.

My mouth went dry as I saw her wide smile, I frowned and felt angry when I saw their body contact. That should be me, she should be smiling because of me.