chapter.24

"Laura, I'm scared." Ross mumbled, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I stopped in the main hall to turn back and give him a reassuring smile, "Ross, Devon is your best friend and so are Brady, Bryan and Eric. Trust me; they don't hate you."

"I was such a douche to them, I'm embarrassed to face them." He frowned.

"Yes, you were a douche." I said sternly, "So I think they deserve an apology, now am I right or am I right?"

"You're right." He grumbled, "Come on."

Walking in first with Ross following along behind me as he was probably rehearsing an apology to his friends in his mind, we finally reached the table.

"Hey guys," I smiled, grabbing Ross' arm to pull him forward, "Lynch here, has some things to say to you guys."

Ross took a deep breath and looked at all three of his friends, but mainly keeping eye contact with Devon.

"Look guys," He sighed, "I know I was an asshole and I don't blame you guys for being mad at me, if anything I would completely understand if you guys got me kicked off of the team and cut me off completely." He said nervously playing with the hem of his shirt, "But I wanted to apologize for how I was acting and how I treated you guys, honestly from the bottom of my heart, I apologize."

"We could never kick our best player off the team." Eric smirked, "It's good to have you back buddy."

"Yeah, we can just forget about it." Brady smiled.

"We appreciate the apology as well." Bryan said quietly.

"Thanks guys," Ross smiled widely, looking at Devon while his smile faded, "Devon?" He asked hopefully.

"Come here, bro!" He laughed, opening his arms to give Ross a bro hug, "We're glad you finally came to your senses."

I smiled at the group of guys who were having a conversation, finally being the best friends and teammates they always were.

"So does that mean 'Ross the fucking machine' is back up and running?" Brady laughed, dipping his french in some ketchup.

"Definitely." Ross chuckled, a sigh of relief escaping his lips, "I hate being tied down, I don't know why I thought dating Bella would work out."

Oh...

"Well if you want to skip sixth period with me, I can help you catch some bait for this weekend." Brady smirked.

Sixth period is Life Skills, with me. But it doesn't matter; we're not partners anymore anyways.

"Try hooking up with Serena Dunston, she's hot as hell and single." Bryan said encouragingly.

"Excuse me? Serena is what?" Heather asked him, her eyes wide with anger.

"Nothing babe, I-I said you're gorgeous." He stuttered, a nervous smile on his lips.

Feeling a nudge on my side, I turned to see Ross, "Laura, are you good with me skipping Life Skills?"

I nodded, "Yeah," I said quietly, taking out my phone to check the time.

"Are you absolutely, positively, one hundred percent sure you won't miss me too much?" He teased, a stupid grin on his lips.

I felt an uncontrollable smile form on my lips and I nodded, "Yes, Ross. If anything I won't miss you at all so don't worry."