chapter.38

"Yes Kelsey, I love you too. Tell Vader I miss him," Ryland smiled over the phone as Mark and my dad started taking the burgers and hotdogs off the barbeque.

"Dude, get off the phone and come eat!" Riker hollered, receiving a middle finger from Ryland who was on the phone with Kelsey, ending the phone call Ryland stood in line behind me, waiting for Mark to place a burger on the bun so I could go take a seat at the cute table Stormie and my mom had set up beside the trailer.

"Who else loves having dinner at eleven at night?" Rydel chuckled, biting into her burger.

I had to admit, it was fun. This whole day was a great adventure and it was actually kind of cool with Ross and our families so late at night, especially since I'm unsure about my feelings towards him.

"It was a busy day," Stormie chuckled, "But I know we're all hungry so eat up."

"After this," Rocky grinned, "We're making another fire to tell spooky stories."

"Of course," My dad laughed, "That's your tradition Rocky!"

Rocky gave my dad a smile, "And Laura's least favourite!"

I groaned and bit into my burger, "I absolutely hate horror anything."

"See mom!" Ross smiled, "I'm not the only one."

"Fine, you guys can cuddle up during that time then." Vanessa smirked, earning a soft laugh from Riker which made Vanessa awkwardly look down at her plate.

Ross chuckled and bit into his hotdog, "It's actually getting kind of chilly."

I frowned, "I know, I forgot it gets cold at night so I didn't pack any hoodies or anything."

"You can borrow one of mine." Ross smiled, wiping the mustard off his lip with his napkin.

"Aweh," Stormie and Vanessa gushed in unison, making Ross and I awkwardly laugh and try and shake it off.

"Come on guys, hurry!" Mark laughed, "Rocky's dying to tell you guys some horror stories."

I chuckled and ate my burger a little quicker, throwing my paper plate into the trash bag as we all huddled over to the campfire, I took a seat on the log, crossing my right leg over my left leg as I shivered and waited for Rocky and everyone else to get situated.

"Here," I looked up at Ross who had a black hoodie handing from his hand, "Wear this."

I smiled and saw him take the seat next to me, excitedly putting the hoodie over my head and poking my arms through, I nuzzled into his large sweater and immediately started warming up and getting more comfortable.

"Okay," Rocky grinned, making eye contact with everyone, Ross scooting closer towards me. "A young boy is sleeping in his bed on a usual night. He hears footsteps outside his door, and peeks out of his eyes to see what is happening. His door swings open quietly to reveal a murderer carrying the corpses of his parents. After silently propping them up on a chair, he writes something on the wall in the blood of the dead bodies. He then hides under the childs bed. The child is scared beyond belief. He can't read the writing on the wall and he knows the man is under his bed. Like any child, he pretends that he slept through the whole thing and hasn't awoken yet. He lays still as the bodies, quietly hearing the breathes from under his bed. An hour passes, and his eyes are adjusting more and more to the darkness. He tries to make out the words, but it's a struggle. He gasps when he finally makes out the sentence. "I know you're awake". He feels something shift underneath his bed."

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, "Can we please be done?!"

"That was the first one!" Riker laughed, cradling Savannah in his arms.