chapter. 2

"Shh," My mom said, tiptoeing her way from around the island with a marble top in our kitchen, "Your dad's sleeping."

My dad was a drunk- not just that but, he was a mean drunk. I just came home from school and the house was silent, my mom was cleaning up all of his beer bottles and empty glasses of rum and coke that he left on the ground next to the couch, where he was fast asleep.

I sighed and put down my bag, grabbing the extra two bottles that were empty on the coffee table, "How is this fair to us?" I asked.

My moms eyes met mine, and she frowned, "It's not sweetie, but we're trying our best."

My mom and dad almost got divorced last year, with his constant drinking addiction which made his lose his job as a lawyer and mom coming home late from work to see his loaded ass passed out on the couch with no food cooked and the house filthy with liquor bottles completely empty, I couldn't blame her for wanting to end their marriage.

He promised us he'd change and my mom has put him into lots of rehabs and groups to help him quit being an alcoholic, but he never goes, ever.

My dad and I used to have a great relationship, I was daddy's little girl growing up, he spoiled me more than my older sister Vanessa who moved out when she turned twenty, living in an apartment with her boyfriend, Sean Berdy.

I on the other hand; still live in our childhood home, watching my dad drink his life away, he's sober for forty minutes through out the day, but it doesn't take long to see him with his flask, filled with some vodka or rum.

That's another reason why Ross and I are so close, he's the only one who knows about my dad being a drunk, I used to sleep at his house sometimes with Rydel, his sister (who's also like a sister to me) when times at home got rough. Sometimes I still do, but when I was in my sophomore and junior years, seeing him drink and become vicious, terrified me. Ross has always been the person I go to when I get scared or overwhelmed.

Helping my mom set the table for dinner, I pulled out some forks and knives, the smell of roast beef and homemade mashed potatoes with some crunchy garlic bread toasting in the oven, made my mouth water.

"How was school, hun?" I looked over at my mom, who tried to make light of the shitty situation I came home to.

"It was alright, how was work?" I asked her , placing a fork and knife on either side of the three plates.

"It was good. busy, busy." She chucked lightly, grabbing her oven mitts from the drawer as she reached into the oven to take out the delicious meal she was preparing.

"Stormie called me," She said, setting the crock pot of roast beef onto the counter, "Apparently Ross isn't doing well in math and she asked if you could help him."

I had only one class with Ross this semester- Life Skills, which is a class that prepares us for the future and involves healthy life styles and sex education and all that important, mature stuff. Ross usually skips that class though, much rather wanting to walk down the halls and find some fuck-worthy females to arrange some sexual encounters with for his upcoming week or weekend.

Looks like he skips math as well, or he wouldn't be struggling.

But because I adore Stormie, Ross' mom- I gave my mom a polite nod, "I'll text him later."