chapter. 22

"Apparently Bella Hudson and Jayce Kinnings were caught fucking on Mrs.Raymond's desk Friday night," I heard a girl say as I walked down main hallway towards my second period class. WAIT JAYCE?

"Yeah, like right after Ross asked her to be his girlfriend, apparently she left while he was dancing and met up with him behind Ross' back." The random guy in the group said back.

"Who caught them?" The other guy asked, I couldn't help slow down my pace to eavesdrop on the drama; realizing the 'lie' I told Ross, is true and I knew it all along.

"These two random chicks told the Principle because they walked in on them." The girl laughed, "But I mean come on, who has a sex on a teachers desk on homecoming night?"

"Does Ross know?" The other nameless girl asked with shockness in her tone.

"I'm sure he'll hear it around; I mean his girlfriend of not even twenty four hours cheated on him the second he asked her, plus everyone already knows." The other girl said sucking her teeth, "It's the biggest story around Marino High right now."

Watching the group walk away, I felt a wave of anger, relief, happiness and I was certainty surprised...

Angry, because obviously Bella is the one Jayce cheated on me with, relieved because I know I was telling Ross the truth and now there's proof, happy because I seriously can't wait for Ross to hear the news; even though it might hurt him, he deserves it for treating me like a piece of shit and accusing me of lying, and lastly; surprised because of everything I just heard.

Heading into second period, I quickly took my seat there patiently waiting our lesson to start, but I couldn't stop hitting my pen against the desk.

Lunch appeared faster than usual, meeting the new couple; yes Dylan finally grew a pair and asked Teresa to be his girlfriend at homecoming. The three of us walked into the cafeteria while listening to Dylan talk about some political shit.

"Babe," Teresa said tugging his arm, "Laura and I don't care."

"Teresa!" I gasped, slightly nudging her, "Don't be rude."

"It's okay Laura," Dylan laughed, wrapping his arm around Teresa's shoulder, "I'll shut up about my stupid history assignment, I don't want to bore you to death."

I chuckled and nodded, suddenly grabbing Teresa attention by nudging her; she looked at me and smiled.

"I was right, Bella did cheat on Ross." I told her quietly as we reached the cafeteria doors.

"I heard!" She exclaimed, "That's all people were talking about in first period today."

"Guess with who," I smiled sarcastically at her.

"Who?" She asked scrunching her eyebrows.

"Jayce." I chuckled, not even feeling the least bit hurt.

"YOU'RE KIDDING!" She yelled, drawing everyone's attention to us.

I rolled my eyes and pushed her, "Shut up! And no I'm not kidding."

"Oh my God, Laura I'm so sorry." She frowned, about to wrap her arms around me but I pushed her away.

"Ross should be sorry, I'm fine." I told her coldly.

"He will be, trust me. Does he know?" She asked, finally approaching our regular lunch table with Devon, Eric, Brady, Bryan and Heather.

I shrugged and sat down, "Hey guys." I greeted them.

"Bella cheated on Ross, Bella cheated on Ross." Devon sang to himself, smiling like an idiot.

"It's not funny, I feel bad for him." Heather snapped back at him.