chapter. 8

"Have any of you guys seen Ross?" Devon groaned, we were all in the cafeteria sitting at our usual table. Devon, Bryan, Eric, Teresa, Heather and me; waiting for Ross to join us.

"Last time I saw him he was with Bella." Teresa said, munching down on her french fry.

I looked over at the cafeteria doors and saw Ross coming in, he immediately made eye contact with me and came walking towards the table. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late I was with-"

"Bella," I choked out, "We know."

Ross awkwardly looked away from me and sat down next to Eric, "Are you guys mad?"

Devon shook his head, and the rest of the table went silent; I avoided looking at Ross and looked down at my fruit bowl, popping a strawberry into my mouth.

"How was hanging out with Bella last night?" Brady asked, great. That was the one question I didn't want to know the answer to.

"Really fun, we just hung out at her place and watched a movie, and then we got bored so we took her dog, Duke for a dog." Ross explained smiling.

"Sounds really romantic," Heather teased.

"It's not supposed to sound romantic, we're just friends." Ross said back to her.

Before anyone else could say something, the bell rang and lunch was now over.

I had thrown out my trash and walked out of the cafeteria, towards my locker, seeing Jayce standing there smiling.

I smiled back, and wiggled my eyebrows as I now stood face to face with him, "Why are you standing at my locker with that smile on your face?"

"Open your locker," He smirked, I chuckled and looked at him weirdly before putting in my combination and unlocking my locker.

' Will You Come To Homecoming With Me?'

Was written all on little sticky notes stuck to my locker door, with a bouquet of flowers in a vase in the middle of my locker on top of my biology books.

I smiled hard as I looked back at Jayce who stood there nervously with a smile on his face, "Will you?" He asked shyly.

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my lips against his, "Of course I will." I smiled, pulling away.

He let out a sigh of relief and kissed me again, "Thank God."

I giggled and grabbed my Life Skills notebook, "I'll text you later," I smiled, pressing my lips to Jayce's cheek, I walked away and headed towards the Life Skills classroom; and of course, seeing Ross hugging Bella.

Seeing her brown head of hair with loose curls bounce as she walks away in her tight black skinny jeans and pink crop top- I then walked up to the doors that Ross had already walked through.

Sitting down beside him, I didn't say anything to him, but I felt him staring at me with a smile.

"What?" I asked, moving a piece of hair that was in my face behind my ear.

He pulled out a piece of paper from his binder and held it up beside him, "I got an A- on my algebra test!" He explained, a look of excitement plastered on his face.