chapter.36

"Why're you here?" I asked, uncomfortably folding my arms over my chest.

"Because," He said sternly, "Now come on this walk with me."

I groaned, pulling out my phone to text Vanessa who was upstairs waiting for me; telling her Ross was here and we're going on a walk to solve things out.

Forcing my pair of black and white converse on, I followed Ross out the door in annoyance.

"So, care to tell me what the hell I did?" He asked, quite rudely if I do say so myself.

"Stop acting oblivious!" I exclaimed, "I know you're still contacting Bella!"

"So what!" He freaked, "Why do you care so much! How do you even know?"

I stopped walking and immediately froze in my steps, "I'm going back home."

About to turn around, Ross groaned and grabbed my arm, "Laura, stop trying to walk away! We're solving this out."

"No, leave me alone." I spit at him, "You're an asshole!"

"I'm not an asshole! You get mad at me whenever I talk to Bella!" He said angrily.

"Because she's a bitch!" I screamed, "And you're still trying to hook up with her, but you know what- I don't care. So you can go keep asking her to meet up like you have been, and I'll keep my distance!" I said bitterly, about to walk away.

"Laura holy shit!" He screamed, "I want to meet up with her to tell her to leave me alone! I'm not trying to hook up with her, it's the other way around, she wants me!" He explained, "I want to tell her in person to leave me alone, somewhere outside of school! That's why I want to meet up with her!"

I suddenly felt my reddened face, relax and cool down as he ran his hands through his hair, "I wouldn't get back together with her, Laura. Not even because of what she did to me, but because of what she did to you and Jayce. I wouldn't do that to me, or you."

"I'm sorry." I gulped, "She just made it seem the other way around."

"I know, you need to stop believing her. I literally have all the messages Laura, I don't want Bella." He told me.

"Okay," I whispered, lowering my head a little in embarrassment from my assumptions.

"It's okay." He sighed, suddenly wrapping his arms around my waist, "Come on, hug me."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, "I'm sorry for assuming things, I promise from now on to always ask you first before I start assuming."

He chuckled into the crook of my neck, "Thanks, Laura. I'd appreciate that."

I smiled and we released from our hug, only to start walking back to my house as I started to explain to him what we learned in Life Skills class today.

"Is Vanessa here?" He asked, walking me up my driveway.

"Yeah, want to come in and say hi?" I asked, placing my hand on the door knob.

"Sure," He chuckled, "But Laura, can I ask you something?"

I nodded, hesitantly. Watching him rub the back of his neck.