chapter. 48

"WHAT!" I shouted in disbelief, pushing him off of me.

"I DON'T KNOW!" He yelled back, his voice trembling from nervousness. I rolled my eyes at him, how does he not know how many girls he's slept with? That's completely disgusting.

"Six," He told me, avoiding eye contact, "I've slept with six."

"What is that a fucking code number for six hundred?" I asked angrily, "I knew this was going to be a problem in our relationship."

"Whoa," He chuckled, which made me angrier, "You were already thinking about sleeping with me?"

I felt my cheeks redden, "N-No! Well, I don't know! Doesn't matter, at some point if we lasted, obviously yes. But you're a living STD."

"That's harsh, Laur." Ross said, scratching the back of his neck.

"You know what's harsh? finding out the guy you just started dating doesn't know how many girls he's fucked." I said, trying to comprehend this situation.

"Why does that matter anyways?" He asked, slightly annoyed.

"Because it does." I said strictly, "And the fact that it's too much to even count, makes it worse."

"Fine then," He shrugged, "How many guys have you slept with?"

I gulped loudly, staying silent. Only to see his angry eyes, soften as he realized what he had just said.

"L-Laura, I'm so sorry-" He walked towards me, his arms ready to wrap around me but I shook my head, moving away from him.

"I'm done having this conversation." I said, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Yeah? well I'm not and I'm not leaving until I know you're okay." Ross said, lightly grabbing my wrist.

"D-Don't touch me, please." I said softly, yanking my arm away.

"Why?" He asked, "Because I'm a living STD, I'm that disgusting to you?"

I shut my eyes tightly, "I didn't mean to-"

"No," He interrupted, "Laura if my past is going to be a problem for you, are you sure you want to be with me?"

I gulped, "Ross, I do want to be with you. But you can't blame me for feeling this way. You've been sexually active more times than you can count with a numerous amount of different girls. You need to understand that, that can affect a lot of things, like our relationship and my self esteem,"

His face softened, "I do understand, and I'm sorry that I made those mistakes in my past," he said grabbing my hand, "Why would that affect your self esteem?"

"Because," I said embarrassed, "You have been with a lot of girls. What if they were better than me, hotter than me, what if you don't like me?"

Ross looked so confused, "L-Laura, I think you're absolutely gorgeous and to be completely honest. I like you way too much to judge you on that even though I know you're probably amazing, don't ever compare yourself to anyone else. I like you for you, not for your bedroom skills."

I felt a smile grow on my lips as I looked at Ross, "I'm serious. And for you- I'm willing to wait as long as you want. And I'm honestly so sorry that I've been with so many girls. I wasn't really planning on settling down with anyone until I realized my feelings for you."

I blushed, "Thank you, Ross. It's okay, it'll just take time to get use to."

"I can understand that." He said smiling.

"I hope we work, Ross." I sighed, grabbing his hands and placing them on my legs. "I never imagined liking you this much."

"I never imagined liking you like much this either," He chuckled, "Trust me, I want this to work just as much."

"There's nothing we can really talk about, we're best friends. We basically know everything about each other." I chuckled, realizing our relationship was already off to a great start.

"You're right," Ross smiled, "I like the fact we know everything about each other, already. It's pretty cool."

I giggled, "I want to change this picture." I said grabbing the picture frame one off my night stand, "This one is so old."

He nodded, "Why not keep it and put a new one on your dresser? That way the memories are still there."

I smiled, "Good idea," I placed the photo frame back onto my dresser and looked back over at Ross who sat on my bed, smiling at me.

"So boyfriend," I smirked, seeing a smile make it's way onto his lips, "I was thinking we could definitely tell our friends."

"R-Really?" Ross asked, eyes widened, "I thought you wanted to wait at least a week?"

I shook my head, "That'll be too hard to not act like a couple at school and I'm pretty sure Stacy, Heather and Teresa are going to flip out when they find out."

"With anger or excitement?" Ross chuckled, raising an eyebrow.

"Excitement." I giggled, "What do you think about the boys?"

"Hopefully they don't get mad at me like last time with Bella," Ross admitted, "But I think they'll happy for me. I think they'll accept us even if it is weird that we're dating."

"It is kinda weird, huh?" I asked, nervously- scratching the back of my neck.

Ross smiled softly, standing up to walk closer towards me. Grabbing me by waist and pulling close towards him.

"I think it's special." He whispered.

I smiled and lifted my head up to kiss him, only to feel him kiss me back immediately.

"I want to take you on a date." Ross mumbled against my lips, making me smile.

"Okay, when?" I mumbled back.

"Friday night, seven thirty." He said, the back of his hand caressing my cheek.

I nodded, "Sounds perfect."

• • •

I had walked Ross down the stairs since my mom was home, not my dad. She was stretched out on the couch watching a movie as Ross and I approached her.

"Hi, Mrs.Maran- I mean, Ellen!" Ross said nervously, not knowing what to call her by as he scratched the back of his neck, he's so cute!

"Hi, Ross! Ellen it is. How are you and your family?" My asked, little did she know she was talking to my boyfriend.

"We're great, thank you for asking." Ross said smiling, only to get dragged away by me.

"Okay mom sorry," I chuckled, grabbing his arm and pulling him away, "He's gotta go."

My mom chuckled, "Goodnight, Ross."

Ross returned the words and I opened the door to reveal the cool night and the porch light providing us some light.

Ross grinned, watching me shut the front door because I didn't want my mom to see us.

"Goodnight, Laura." Ross said softly, stepping towards me as he slid his arms around my waist.

"Goodnight, Ross." I smiled, feeling his lips on mine as my eyes immediately shut, our lips moving in perfect sync until I pulled away from smiling so much.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school," He whispered, pecking my lips one last time before walking off my porch and towards his car.

"Text me when you get home!" I told him, receiving a nod as he got into his car and reversed out of my driveway.

I bit my lip, unable to control my smile as I walked into my house shutting the door behind me only to hear a cough come for my mom standing in front of me with her arms crossed in front of her chest, a silly smirk on her lips.

"What?" I chuckled, clearing my throat.

"I'm pretty sure best friends don't kiss each other like that before leaving, want to tell me what's going on between you and Ross?" My mom smirked, curiousness drilled in her eyes.

"We're dating." I giggled.