chapter. 44

"W-What?" Ross asked, I saw his face turn red and from the corner of my eyes his fists clenched into a ball.

I sat up, still sobbing and walked towards my bedroom door, shutting it so my mom couldn't hear.

"Laura, answer me!" Ross gulped, angrily.

"A-Andrew raped me, twice." I told him, my voice shaking as I wiped away the tears from under my eyes.

"TWICE?" He yelled, I swear I saw steam come out his ears, he didn't even know what to do. I saw the veins in his arms were popping out and his neck looked like it was going to explode.

"Shhh!" I cried, "Please be quiet."

"Laura why the fuck didn't you tell me?" He asked, his eyes watering up as he paced around my room- gripping the tops of his hair, "Why didn't you fucking tell me! Does anyone else know?"

"Ross!" I frowned, "H-He told me not to tell anyone or he would hurt me and hurt you even worse! And n-no you're the only one I told."

"Fuck him!" Ross said coldly, "He's not laying a fucking finger on you!"

I wanted to do nothing but just collapse into Ross' arms, someone finally knows, Ross finally knows.

"When did he rape you, Laura?" Ross said slowly, cringing at the words coming out of his own mouth.

"The first time," I said running my fingers through my hair, "Was when we were dating, the second time," I said, shutting my eyes tightly, "Was at Bella's party."

"BELLA'S PARTY?" He screamed, his eye balls almost popping out of his face, I felt the tears start up in my eyes again as I watched him cover his face with his hands.

"I-I was there, Laura! I was there the second time!" He said, his hands shaking, "A-And the first time, how did I not know, I didn't protect you!"

"Ross," I gasped, quickly rushing over to him, "Don't you dare blame yourself. It was my fault-"

"NO!" He screamed, his eyes widening, "It was not your fucking fault! He raped you, Laura! That was not your fault, don't you ever fucking say that again! It was not your fault!"

I felt my lips start to quiver and I immediately just dropped to the ground, curling my knees up to my face as I started to cry, losing control of my breath.

"Laura," Ross said softly, getting onto the ground next to me, "Shhh, you're safe now. I promise, he is not going to get away with this. I'm right here, shhh." I wrapped my arms around him so tightly I almost broke his ribs, his hand was stroking my hair lightly, as he kissed the top of my forehead.

"I-I should've told you sooner." I stuttered, soaking his tee shirt in my tears.

"You should've," He whispered, holding me a little tighter, "But it's okay, I'm here now."

"H-He's going to hurt you, Ross. I don't want him to hurt you." I said, shaking my head.

"Hey, look at me." He whispered, I didn't budge, until he grabbed my face in his hand and lightly turned it towards him, so our faces were just inches apart.

"He isn't going to hurt me, and he sure as hell isn't going to hurt you." He reassured me, wiping the tears from under my eyes, "I promise."

He then takes my cheeks in his soft hands and presses his lips to mine, I didn't twitch this time, instead it felt as if all my broken pieces were being glued back together, our lips moved together softly and slowly.

Opening my eyes as our lips disconnected, Ross brought me into a hug, a tight one, "I'm never leaving your side."

"That sounds terrible." I whispered, trying to lighten up the mood.

He chuckled lightly, pulling away from me as he looked away, but I heard him sniffling.

"Ross, are you okay?" I asked, wondering why he was crying.

"Y-You were raped, Laura." He whispered, his red, blood-shot eyes looking into mine, "I-I can't believe I wasn't there to save you."

"Hey," I whispered softly, pulling his head against my chest as I softly combed my fingers through his hair, "I-It's not your fault, Ross. Everything is okay, I-I'm sorry."

He hugged my waist tightly as we sat on the ground together, "Don't be sorry, he should be sorry."

"I know," I whispered, "Don't go looking for him, Ross. Please- just let it go. Do that for me?"

Ross wanted to fight him, Ross wanted to attack him and I knew that, but seeing me so broken, he nodded slowly, "I promise I won't go out looking for him."

"Thank you," I sighed, wiping underneath my eyes once again, "Come on, it's late. You should probably go home."

"I don't care what time it is," He said shaking his head, "If you need me, you call me and I'll be here. Do you got that?"

I nodded, "Thank you, Ross. But I'll be fine tonight."

"Are you positive?" He asked, I giggled and used both of my thumbs to wipe the tears underneath his eyes.

"Yes." I sighed.

He nodded, and got up, grabbing both of my hands to help me stand up, "Fuck," He chuckled awkwardly, "I don't want you to see me cry."

I smiled, "It's okay."

He sighed and grabbed his bag, slowly walking out of my bedroom into the hallway, "My moms in her room, yell goodbye." I whispered to him, seeing she had her night lamp on.

"Goodnight, Ellen!" He yelled, disguising his shaky, crying voice from just five minutes ago.

"Goodnight, Ross! Make it home safely!" She yelled from her bedroom. Ross and I walked down the stairs in silence, heading towards the front door.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I sighed, opening the front door for Ross who was slipping his converse onto his feet.

"Yes," He whispered, cupping my cheeks in his hands as he placed a small kiss on my forehead, "Most definitely."

I blushed and didn't care to hide it, "Drive home safe, Shor!" I chuckled, watching him walk over to his car.

He smiled and looked at me before getting in, I giggled, "What?"

"Stop crying!" He shouted from the driveway, "You're too pretty to cry."

I chuckled and looked down at my feet covered in socks, "Goodnight, Ross."

Watching him start up the car and reverse out my driveway, I shut the front door and happily, slid my back all the way down the door, resting my face in my hands.

What now?

~~~

Hey guys, I know this is a shorter chapter than usual and that's what I intended to do. This chapter was meant to be sentimental and emotional, for you to see how Ross handled the news and how Laura reacted to everything. Hope you enjoyed it though since it was all raura 😊💖
Goodnight, loves!