chapter. 15

Laying in bed, catching up on some Biology homework, I got a text from Teresa: Hey, what are you doing?

I replied back: Doing homework, you?

She answered back faster than I expected, saying: Screw homework! We need homecoming dresses! I'll pick you up in ten.

I chuckled and sent her a simple okay in return, I guess biology can wait, right?

Quickly grabbing my roots hoodie that was lying on the edge of my bed, I slid it over the white tank top I was currently wearing; yes it's May but it's still a little windy.

Walking downstairs to see my mom preparing dinner while my dad sat soberly on the couch watching a sport on the tv, I gave her a soft smile, "Teresa is picking me up to go look at homecoming dresses. I'll be back before dinner."

"Looking?" He asked, "Isn't that dance in like a week?"

I nodded, forcing my shoes on as I knew Teresa would be here any minute.

"Here," My dad said softly, pulling out seventy dollars in cash from his wallet, "Buy yourself something nice."

"Dad it's fine," I chuckled, taken back from shock of his generosity.

"No," He said, putting the three twenty dollar bills in my hand along with a ten. "Please, just take it."

I smiled kindly at him, "Thanks dad." And I clenched the money in my hand, hearing Teresa honk from outside my house. I waved goodbye to my parents before stepping out and quickly making my way to her white honda civic.

"Hey," She smiled excitedly, "You ready?"

I nodded happily, "Let's go."

The ride to the mall wasn't far at all; especially since we were blasting music and singing our whole way there.

"So what colour are you looking for?" She asked, we first went into 'dresses boutique', looking around at the racks and the simple but cute, formal dresses on manikins.

"I don't really want to go all out since it's not prom, so I kind of want black and simple." I explained, "But like elegant and pretty."

"I see," She smirked, "Let me guess, did Ross tell you he likes black on girls or something?"

I pinched her arm making her yelp, "Ow! What was that for!"

"Teasing me about Ross when I strictly told you, we are just friends." I hissed, gazing over some pink, sparkly dresses.

She rolled her eyes and kept looking as well, both of our phones going off, getting an Instagram alert.

@rosslynch just posted a photo