Chapter. 68

"Pregnant?" I laugh, "that's not possible."

"By the looks of it here, you're two months pregnant." The doctor replies, looking at his papers.

"Teresa did say I looked like I was gaining a couple of pounds." I mumble to myself.

"I need some air." Ross runs a hand through his hair, removing himself from the seat. He doesn't bother to look at me, he just storms out the door.

I gulp loudly, knowing this wasn't Ross' baby. There wasn't even a chance.

"Haven't you had any morning sickness, Miss. Marano?" he asks me.

"I mean, I've been feeling nauseous every once in a while, but I thought it was just a bug." I admit.

"And your menstrual cycle?" he asks, raising a brow.

"I've been irregular my whole life, that wasn't a concern." I scratch the back of my head.

"Fair enough." he scoffs, "Well, congratulations. I'll allow you to get some rest."

"Can you please check up on Ros— that guy who stormed out of here? tell him I need to talk to him." I sigh.

"Of course."

after he had walked out, I felt sick to my stomach. literally, the outcome of rape was sitting inside my stomach, and that broke my heart. This wasn't at all how I imagined getting pregnant for the first time would be, my life just seems to be crumbing to pieces.

The door slowly opens and it's Ross, his eyes were red from previous tears and his hair a mess. He avoided eye contact with me as he sat back down.

"Ross, I am so sorry." I begin to tear up.

"It isn't your fault." Ross croaks.

"I didn't know I was." I tell him honestly, "I'll give it up for adoption."

"I know that isn't what you want to do." Ross shakes his head, "you're so against abortion and adoption."

I bury my head into my hands and begin to sob. "I-I was r-raped R-Ross, this baby is s-so innocent. I don't know what to do, and I-I'm so sorry."

I feel Ross' heavy set arms wrap around me, he pets my hair softly. "Shhh, we're going to figure this out."

"Every time I'll look at this baby, or feel this baby kick. I'm going to think of Andrew." I tell him in agony. "I can't deal with that, but I want it."

"I will be here for you. None of this is that babies fault, I'm gonna be the best father figure I can be." Ross says painfully.

"I'm so lucky to have you." I cry into his chest. "But you don't have to. I can't imagine how you're feeling."

"Laura, I'm going to be with you through all of this." Ross says grabbing my hand. "I don't care if it isn't my baby, I love it's mom, and I'll learn to love it too."