chapter. 43

"Absolutely," Heather nodded, dipping her french fry into some ketchup, I sat at our usual table in the cafeteria with everyone, Bryan, Brady, Heather, Devon, Eric, Stacy, Calum and Teresa.

"Absolutely what?" I asked, I had a pair of sunglasses on, blocking my puffy, red eyes from crying so much last night.

"We should absolutely all hangout soon," Teresa smiled, "Don't you think?"

I nodded, where's Ross?

Listening to Teresa and Heather discuss some hangout plans, I picked at the grapes in my bowl.

"Why're you wearing sunglasses, Laura?" I heard Devon ask awkwardly.

Gasping as I felt Calum rip them off me and scream, "You look hideous!" He exclaimed.

"Thanks!" I glared at him, grabbing them from out of his hands.

"Calum!" Stacy said rudely, "You don't look hideous, Laura. But why are your eyes so swollen?"

I shrugged, "I don't know." And slipped on my glasses again.

"Hey guys," I heard his familiar voice say as Ross came and sat next to me.

"Hey," Devon smiled, "Dude! We have our last game of the season in a month!"

"It's going to be intense." Eric chimed in.

"Lots of practices though." Brady groaned.

"It'll be worth it," Ross smiled widely, "I'm excited!"

Getting distracted by Teresa who tugged my arm she asked me, "Are you still struggling with that biology assignment?"

I chuckled, "Yeah, kind of."

"Well, Dylan won't be in school for a few days since he got suspended for getting into a first fight with Jason," She said rolling her eyes, "But I know he has a really good friend in that class, I think his name is, Dallas." She said smiling, "And apparently he's super smart."

I chuckled, "That'd be great, actually."

"What would be great?" Ross asked, making both mine and Teresa's heads spin towards him.

"Laura's struggling with this assignment in biology class and Dylan's friend Dallas is going to help her with it." Teresa explained, handing me a piece of paper with Dallas' number on it.

I smiled, "Thanks."

"Y-You could have asked me for help in biology." Ross said kind of nervously, looking into my sunglasses "I-It is like the only class I'm actually getting good in."

"Trust me, Dallas is mad smart." Teresa said chuckling.

"Thanks, Ross." I said softly, "But I'll just get Dallas to help me."

"B-But I want to help you!" He said quickly, "Please?"

I smiled to myself, why is he being like this?

I shrugged, "I guess I can call Dallas tomorrow and you can come over tonight and help me, if that's alright."

Ross smiled, "That's perfect."

I nodded, awkwardly not knowing how to respond.

"Why're you wearing sunglasses?" He asked, trying to make new conversation.

"She doesn't know." Stacy responded, giving Ross the same answer I gave her.

Ross chuckled and I felt the glasses being ripped off my face, only to reveal my swollen eyes from all the crying.