chapter. 47

"You seriously wanna give this a shot?" I asked, nervously biting my lip as Ross and I stood face to face in front of my locker. We hadn't seen each other yesterday because apparently Rydel finally broke the news to her parents about wanting to move out with Ellington, so he wasn't able to go out last night to talk about what happened Saturday night.

"Why wouldn't I?" He asked with a small smile,  "I mean, you do like me right?"

I chuckled at his nervous facial expression, nodding as I shut my locker, "I've liked you for a while."

He smiled, "Good, because I've liked you for a while too."

It was kind of awkward, he asked me out Saturday night, yesterday was Sunday and now it's Monday morning. I mean- I don't even know, it's just all different.

"Want to tell everyone at lunch?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Don't you think we should see if we last at least a week?"

"You're having a lot of doubts." He said with furrowed eyebrows, "Do you not trust me?"

I directed my eyes at Ross who seemed to have taken offence from what I suggested, "It's just been like not even two days yet. Why rush to tell people?"

"They're our best friends?" Ross said looking at me as if I were dumb.

"Exactly." I said back to him, "They'll understand."

"Or are you just embarrassed that you're dating me?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest, where is this coming from?

"Did I say that?" I snapped, angry at how stubborn he was being.

"Actions speak louder than words." He scoffed, "I wanted to hold your hand but never mind since you don't want to tell people."

I rolled my eyes, "Stop being like this. Do you see what I mean? We're already arguing. I'm nervous about all this."

"Why are you so nervous?" He asked annoyed, his voice a little louder.

"Because I really like you and want this to work!" I exclaimed, "Can you just please do this, for me? Can we please just keep it from them until Friday, I mean we're not even use to it yet."

"How are we going to get use to it if I can't touch you in public?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Look," I sighed, "At school, we're still friends, at each other's houses, we can be boyfriend and girlfriend. Okay?" I asked, softly.

He groaned, "Fine, whatever."

Sighing as I followed behind him into the cafeteria, we saw our usual table filled with our best friends.

"Hey you two," Teresa smirked, "How was your weekend."

"Great," I smiled, looking over at Ross who had an annoyed and angry expression on his face.

"Good." Ross replied back, I groaned and placed my hand under the table, grabbing his off his lap and intertwining our fingers together.

He looked at me but didn't do anything, he just held my hand tighter.

• • •

Ross didn't skip life skills class today which made me kind of happy, I mean since we're dating now he doesn't really have much to do if he does skip, it's not like he can go roam the halls and find a fuck buddy. Right?