chapter.39

I woke up to the early sunlight, flashing through my tent- hitting my eyelids which made them no longer stay shut.

I groaned and rolled over, grabbing my phone to check the time.

6:21 am

Frowning, I knew I couldn't go back to sleep so I lifted the blanket off me and groggily woke up, with one thing on my mind.

Ross and I kissed last night.

Smiling at the thought, but then realizing what happened afterwards, the frown appeared again, he left.

I crawled out of my tent, still wearing Ross' sweater. The morning air was cool and my mom and Stormie were cooking breakfast.

"Hey Nessa," I smiled softly, seeing that she was sitting on the log, reading a book.

"Hey, how'd you sleep?" She asked shutting her book.

I sighed, "Fine, I guess. You?"

She smiled, "I slept okay."

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" she asked.

"I'm not dumb, Vanessa." I glared at her.

"We talked last night," She frowned, referring to Riker, "A-And I just miss him a little, that's all."

"Does he miss you too?" I asked, placing my hand on her knee.

"That's how it started," She sighed, "He came to me first and told me he missed me."

"Well that's good," I shrugged, "I mean, it is right?"

"No," She gulped, "I didn't know the feelings I have for Riker are still here."

"Y-You still like Riker?" I asked almost in shock at the words that escaped her lips.

She bit her lip, "I still love him," She said face palming herself, "But it doesn't matter, he's happy with Savannah and I'm happy with Sean, we have a baby on the way and everything. I didn't come here to intervene their relationship."

I frowned, "Vanessa, are you sure? Because I think if you're feeling that way towards Riker, being with Sean wouldn't be fair."

"I love Sean." She told me, "I really do. But Riker is a completely different story, he was different."

I nodded, "I respect Riker and Savannah's relationship, I adore them both, but I also think your feelings are important too and if you feel like you should tell him that, I think you should."

She shook her head at me, "Laura, I appreciate that you want the best for me, and I know you loved Riker and I together," She blushed, "But people grow apart, I'm probably only feeling this way because I haven't seen him in a year, I'm sure by tomorrow he'll be off my mind completely."

She was right, I did love her and Riker together, they were an adorable couple who did everything together; it still confuses me how they broke up and what the reasons behind it are because whenever they were around me or the family, only laughter and smiles would fill the room, they were so in love.

"Okay," I smiled, "Just do what you feel is right, I'm always here if you want to talk about it, as well."

"Thanks Laur," She gushed, wrapping her arms around me, "You're the best little sister ever, and you're going to be an even greater aunt."