chapter. 7

"Ross!" I shouted, seeing him whip his head away from Devon, I quickly raced towards him; seeing a smile on his face.

"Hey," He said, running his hand through his hair.

"You aren't mad at me?" I asked, shyly, "I'm so sorry about last night Ross, I should've have helped you study."

"No," He laughed, "I was, but don't worry. I got someone else to help me."

"Help you study or help satisfy your sexual needs?" I chuckled, seeing him roll his eyes and smile at me.

"Honestly, we just studied. I told you this was important to me, and she even offered to help me in trigonometry." He said smiling.

I was shocked to the fact Ross and this girl did nothing sexual; but I was also offended, "You could have asked me to help you with trigonometry. I mean, I'm good at that stuff too."

"I know you are, but I need someone who's always going to be there when I need it. You're dating Jayce, what if the night before my trigonometry test you have to go on a date with Jayce, I'm not risking my credit when I could just have someone who enjoys helping me study." He explained.

"I-I guess, and I do enjoy helping you study," I frowned, "But if she's ever busy, I'm always here!"

He smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Thanks, Laura. But don't worry about it."

"Who is she anyways?" I asked, "I know her name is Bella Hudson."

"She's really chill, she's really funny too." He said smiling, "We get along really well."

"That's good," I smiled, "So when are you planning on the sex?"

"I don't think she's going to be apart of that," He said shaking his head, "She's really nice, I kind of just like being her friend."

I nodded and was slightly shocked, "Oh okay, well I better get to class, want to come over later and order a pizza or something?"

"I was actually gonna hang out with Bella," He sighed sucking his teeth, "But I can cancel."

"Oh! No, you can hangout with her. Are you guys studying again?"  I asked, clearing my throat.

"No, we were just going to hangout, like friends." He chuckled, "But if you want me to hangout with you, I'll tell her I can another day."

"Doesn't matter to me," I said, "If you prefer to hang out with Bella, I understand."

He nudged me and smiled, "You know I always want to hangout with you. But I did make plans with Bella first, so maybe tomorrow?" He asked.

I nodded, feeling sadness take over my face, "Yeah for sure, I'll see you in Life Skills," I said softly, walking away from him.

• • •

"Hey Laura," I smiled widely as Teresa trotted her way over to me, Life skills class was just about to start as I stood in front of the classroom.

"Did he ask you to homecoming?!" I smiled, seeing that her face was filled with excitement.

"Yeah, he did!" She giggled, I smiled and was mentally proud of Dylan for going through with it.