Chapter. 69

"How are you feeling?" Ross asks me. I groan and rub my stomach.

"Not good." I mumble.

"Do you need anything?" He asks. Ross was reading a parenting book, he was fully involved and willing to parent this baby at his own, and that meant so much to me.

"I love you." I smile, reaching over to hug him. We were laying in his bed, I was watching movies on his macbook while he read.

"I love you too?" He chuckles.

"Why do you say that as a question?" I ask.

"It was random." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"No it isn't. I always tell you, I love you." I tell him.

"What made you say it now?" He asks, smirking. "Is it because I'm reading this parenting guideline book?"

I grin, "Maybe."

"You know I just want to be the best father." He sighs, pressing his lips against my forehead.

"And that means the world to me." I smile, nuzzling into his chest.

"Do you have any names picked out?" He asks.

"I was hoping we'd pick one out together." I mumble, "I mean, if you want to."

"Of course I want to." Ross chuckles. "In fact, I had a name for a girl in mind."

"Which is?" I smile.

"Ally." He says softly. "If you don't like it that's okay."

"That's adorable. I love it." I tell him honestly.

"Really?" He asks, slightly shocked.

"Absolutely. I actually love that name." I say, reaching for my phone and typing it into my notes.

"I was thinking, Austin for a boy." I tell him.

"That'd be awesome." Ross agrees. "I like that."

"Teresa and Stacy were actually asking me if I wanted a baby shower, because they'd be up to throw one." I tell Ross.

"That's really sweet of them." Ross smiles, "Don't you want one?"

"Yeah of course. Maybe then, we could reveal the gender?" I suggest.

"That sounds like a perfect idea." Ross nods.

"The doctor said I have an appointment on Wednesday, maybe then I'll ask him to tell us. Will you come with me?" I ask.

"Of course, Laura." Ross smiles, pressing his lips against mine.

"Then it's settled." I grin, happily.

Wednesday

"I'm nervous." I chuckle, holding Ross' hand tightly as we walk into the doctors office.

"There's nothing to be nervous about, baby." Ross tells me, "This is just an ultrasound, right?"

"Yeah." I breathe heavily. I give the secretary my name and she tells us to take a seat and wait.

"You look adorable with that tiny baby bump." Ross chuckles.

"Thanks. I can't wait to get all fat and tired." I say sarcastically.

"You'll never be fat." He laughs.

"Marano, Laura?" The doctor calls out. Ross and I stand up, nervously walking into the room.

"Hello Laura, how are you feeling today?" Dr. Margaret asks me. Slipping on a pair of gloves.

"I'm good, you?" I ask.

"Great. Just lay down and life up your shirt for me." She smiles, reaching for the gel.

I do as she says while Ross holds my hand the whole time. She squirts the cold gel onto my stomach and places the machine over top, smearing it around as I watch the screen above her head.

"There it is," She smiles, pointing to a little circle on the screen. "That's it's heart."

I feel Ross tighten my hand and smile widely. "Whoa."

"Everything seems to be going great." The doctor tells me.

"Is there any chance you could tell us the gender?" I ask.

"Of course." She removes a glove and begins to type on the computer, meanwhile still looking at the screen as she contains to smear it around.

She smiles, "Congratulations, you're having a
baby..."

MASSIVE CLIFFHANGER, SORRY😌 #sorrynotsorry
comment what you want/hope they have, (a boy or girl)

‼️ALSO, CHECK OUT MY OTHER RAURA STORIES!‼️