Future 5

It was the twins first day of freshman year and Elijah was going to Junior year.
I made them pancakes, waffles and bacon.
Alissa and Clara were already seated at breakfast table and my boys still were getting ready.
They always woke up so late.

I found myself staring at Clara, wondering if she was fine. It had been a couple of months and she succeeded in catching up with school, she was really smart, but she had been going to a therapist.
They say she's making progress, but what do they mean by that?

"Are you excited for freshman year?" I ask her.
A smile appears on her face, she nods.
"Yeah, I'm excitedly scared." She admits.
I give her a side hug.

"Everything is going to be fine. You're amazing and they all will see that." I promise her.
She nods shortly and is quiet for a while.

"Mom, I know the last months has been difficult for the family and I just want to say thank you. Thank you for going to every session with me, comforting me when I had nightmare..." I turn silent.

"Thank you for never given up on me." She finishes.
I pulled her close to me, tears falling down my cheeks.
"You're my everything, baby, I love you." I trust her.

We hug tightly and I hear the guys making their way downstairs.
"You can sit with me, Felix and Thomas." Elijah tell Caleb.
"They won't mind?" Caleb ask.
"No, we always sir together. Thomas and I can sit with Felix and he's a senior now. It doesn't matter, bro." Elijah pats Caleb's shoulder.

Caleb kisses me on the cheek and then goes to his sisters and does the same. Elijah starts with Clara, he kisses her forehead and hugs her tightly.
"Oh, Eli, loves me so much!" Clara giggles and hugs him tighter.

Elijah looks a bit shocked, but looked pleased his sister was back to her normal self.
He moved on to Alissa, who was madly crazy about her big brother. She jumps on him and showers him with kisses.
Caleb hugs Clara and they whisper to each other.

My eyes go to James, whose trying to fix his tie. I walk over, rolling my eyes, I fix his tie.
"Yeah, I'm lucky to have you." He admits.
"You would've been nothing without me." I tell him jokily.
"I can't imagine a life without you, phoebes. So I'm grateful everyday to have you in my arms."
I melt in his arms and place a kiss on his lips.

James holds me tightly and we forgot our children were there. But what could I do? He was too irresistible.
"Get a room!" Elijah calls.
"Stop it! It's true love!" Clara sighs dreamily.
I pull away, making James pout.

I roll my eyes walking back to the kitchen, he hasn't let go of my waist yet.
He finally does when he greets the kids.
I sit down and finish my plate.

"Get your backpacks, I'll drop you off." I told my three older children.
They stand up and say their goodbyes to their dad and younger sister.
When they make their way to the car, I snuggle quickly with my little rainbow.

"A lot of fun for your first day." I tell her, she giggles.
I turn to James and cup his face, kissing him.
We pull away and stare at each other.

"I'll see you tonight." I bite my lip and hurry outside.
"Daddy, you love mommy." Alissa giggles.
"More than anything." He admits.
I walk out with a smile on my face.

This was everything I needed, my family all United and a guy I love.

Authors note:
Tell me if you want a story of their children. I have an idea, so if you want it just comment.
Lots of love,
Mayoteke
❤️🌺❤️