Elijah 3

Saying I was angry was a understatement, I was outraged, furious and not myself.

I storm inside the house, my parents eyeing me worriedly.
"Honey, what's wrong?" My mom asks.

"Tell her what you did!" I snap at Caleb, he rolls his eyes.
"I'm captain of the basketball team." Caleb smiles.

Dad spits his coffee out all over the salad mom was preparing.
Alissa screams in disgust and mom scowls at dad.
But he was only focused on Caleb.

"Why in Zeus' name would you do that?!" He demands loudly.
My dad hated basketball with his entire heart.

"Because my friends wanted me too." Caleb replied shrugging.
"I just can't..." dad tries to take some deep breaths.

"Calm down, tiger! It's just sport."
Mom calms dad down.
"Phoebe! My dad played it, I played it and now I want him to play lacrosse. It's my legacy just as Clara and Alissa dance like you did!" Dad breaks out.

"But I got into the lacrosse team as well, stop overreacting." Caleb sighs.
"You're lucky your my brother, coach wanted to throw you out when he heard you were captain of the basketball team." I snap at him.
The brotherly love from the week was gone. How could he do that?
It was all his fault...

"James, why don't you go to your office I'm sure you got plenty of work to do. Elijah go be a good big brother and look after Alissa as I take the twins to the dentist." Mom orders.
Dad walks upstairs still grunting and I, after sending Caleb a death glare, take Alissa with me outside to play with her.

--------------------------

Saturday is bending day, a day full with class on our bending skills given by our mom.
She kicked our butts, except Alissa of course.
We finally had a break and I scrolled through my social media, or better said an app Leo designed. He proudly called it 'Demibook'. Uncle Ben followed his dads idea and made 'Demisnap' and 'Demigram'.

I was scrolling through my feed on Demigram. I come to a picture of Thomas, he posted a photo of him and Madeline.
My stomach turns and my fists clench.

"Elijah, come let me see what you've practice today

"Elijah, come let me see what you've practice today." Mom calls me.

I put my phone away angrily and point at the targets, she nods a bit confused.
I was never too angry to put all my strength in for the targets. This was new for me.

But the situation with Caleb and the thing with Madeline.
I never felt so angry in my entire life.

My hands start to feel hot and I prepare myself to bend fire. My veins turn to fire and it rushes out of me onto the targets.
Everything around me changes, it disappears. The only thing I can think about was how stupid Caleb was and how much I hated it that Madeline wasn't mine.

"Elijah." A voice says, I ignore it.
The fire pushes all my frustrations out and I feel like a sudden weight is finally off my shoulders.,
"Elijah." The same voice.

I brush it off and keep bending power.
The numbness makes it ten times better.
I've never felt so powerful before...

"Elijah!" The voice screams.
Suddenly the hotness is gone and my body trembles, I fall to the ground.
My dad hurries over and out of my eye corner I see my moms brilliant white eyes shine.
She was in her trance?

"Are you alight?" My dad helps me up.
But I'm too weak, so I lay my entire weight on him.
He doesn't stumble once, my dad had muscles.

My dad lays me on the cough in the living room and I wince.
My hands feel like they're on fire and the rush and adrenaline left my body.
Mom walks over, she looks angry.

"You're not doing the targets again and next week no practice." She tells me sternly.
"Mom-" I groan.
"Groan one more time and I'll ground you." She warns me.
I close my eyes and turn around in the couch.

I feel her healing me and the pain slowly fades away, until I feel like new.
Mom caresses my hair and pulls me to her.
"Why are you so angry? Caleb isn't the only thing that upsets you, isn't it?" She guesses.
I wince and move closer to her. It was the best feeling in earth, her caressing my hair.
I could fall asleep.

"Do you remember when I asked you what love feels like?" I ask her, she nods.
"Well there is this girl and I like her, but she has a boyfriend." I finish.
"Whose she?" Mom asks.
I look at her, she looks like an excited puppy. But I wasn't going to tell her. I couldn't.

"Does it matter?" I ask.
"It's alright if you don't want to tell me. But take this from me. If she's really your soulmate or whatever, you'll come together soon. A meant to be is meant to happen." She advises me.

"You think?" I ask.
"I'm sure. And by the way you're the obvious choice, handsome." She winks and kisses my cheek.
Even after she left my grin didn't left my face.