Caleb 2

Mom wasn't happy when I came home, so was dad. Maybe it was because it was midnight or because my shirt was missing.

"Where have you been?" Mom demands.

"At Harpers, I told you!" I explain.

"You cut me off. There were rules, Caleb!" She objects sternly.

"Sorry." I mutter annoyed and walk away, my dad stops me.

"Where is your shirt?" He asks, a grin spreads on my face.

"Or next to the pool, in the kitchen or in Harpers bedroom." I grin.

My mom grimaces, while my dad had to hide his smirk. Mom glared at him and hit him.

"I can't believe you!" She yells and storms away.

"Baby!"
"Princess!"
"Phoebes!"
"Phoebe!"
"Phoebe Athena Sally Zoe Jackson, get your ass back in here!"

My dad run upstairs, chasing her. Just as ten girls stormed downstairs. They all eyed me, some were giggling. I gave them a charming smile, before making my way to the stairs.

"I won." I tried to tell Clara.
"Congrats, can you go?" She asks hastily.
"Woah, what is your problem?!" I snap at her.

"Nothing, just go. I'm having a party." She tells me annoyed.
"Why are you being so terrible against me? Can you at least tell me what's wrong with you?!" I demanded.
Clara turns on her heels to me and wears the most dirtiest glare I've ever seen on her face.

"Because you ruin everything! They kept asking where you were all they want is you! Nobody likes me!" She screams in my face and storms upstairs.
My jaw is dropped as I watch her go. I want to chase her, comfort her, tell her I'm sorry. But I'm frozen in my spot.

It was all new, we never even snapped at each other and now it all escalated so quickly.
I knew she was having trouble making friend, because she was supposed to be death. But I never thought it would be my fault.

Ambrosia and Lucy ran after her and I- I run to the basement and hide away.

---------------------

The next morning breakfast was silent and awkward. Elijah and Alissa had no idea what had happened, but all the girls from yesterday were gone.

"Where are the girls?" Alissa asked Clara.
"Home." She mutters playing with her cereal.
I push some toast in my mouth and avoid my dads stern look. He always preferred Clara, so I knew he was out to kill me.

The bell went and Elijah jumped up, running like his life depended on it.
He came back with a smiling Madeline. They were dating for a while now and they really were made for each other.
And they were worse than Felix and Jenna, they couldn't breath without each other.

"Do you want some breakfast, honey?" Mom asks Madeline.
"Please, my mom had an early shift and well you know my dad..." she trailed off at the end, making my dad, mom and Elijah chuckle.
Mom handed her a plate with waffles and bacon as she sat down next to Elijah, who pulled her close to him.

"Mom, dad, can I go hang with some friends?" I ask reading a text from Harper.
I felt bad for lying, but there was something about her I couldn't resist.

"Trainings day." Dad reminds me, I groan.
"But Elijah has Mads over." I protest.
"I'm watching, we're having our after training." Madeline clears out, Elijah grins devilishly at me.
We used to have a good bond, but since I became captain of the basketball team he despised me.

"Can't I just skip?!" I ask my mom desperately.
She just collects the plates and ignores me. Is she that mad?!
"Mom, don't be such a bore." I call after her, chasing her to the kitchen.
"Listen to me, buddy, I gave birth to you, thought you how to walk, talk, bend and defend yourself. Show me some respect." She snarls at me.
I don't back away, she's not the person to piss of and I know that, but I really want to hang out with Harper.

"I don't want to bend anymore. What's the use in it? It's your thing not mine!" I exclaim angry.
The entire table stares at me, angry and disappointed.

"Well, go then, if it doesn't matter anything for you. I can even take your bending powers if you want. Do you think I like it for you guys to bend? But there's continuant danger and I can't protect you 24/7." She yells at me, her voice so angry I did back away.

Her eyes slowly turn white and she growls angry, before storming upstairs.
"Well done, Caleb!" Elijah snaps at me. I ignore him and watch my mom go.
How did it escalated this quickly? Mom never yells or even goes into her trance in front of us.

"You and I will have a talk after I comforted your mom." Dad snaps at me, he looks pissed.
It didn't surprise me, he was so protective over mom. You bumped into her and he was about to kill you.
I watch him go up the stairs, I had to get out.
So I did.