Chapter 9: Meet Then Lunch

Chapter 9: Meet Then, Lunch

***Ethan's POV***

Disappointment is what I feel in myself for what I did last night. I was too afraid, I really have to toughen up. I can't be too afraid all the time. I always feel the need to be anxious when she's around me. I can never stop it. I barely got any sleep last night; and Antonio yapping about it is not helping me at all.

I wonder if she already had seen my painting. I hope she likes it. If she only knew how much I love her that day. These past days I've been having these questions all over my head, that I can't seem to answer. What's the point of having question if I can't even answer it myself. If all I do is question how hard my life is, why do I even bother. I wasn't able to get the answer anyway.

If I want things to change, I have to make it happen myself. I can't just expect things to be perfect whenever I want. The need of knowing answer is what I have to get. But the need of getting all the question is what I want away from my life. Hopefully.

I didn't get any sleep last night. Especially when all I could think about is her. I keep having this images on my head that whenever I imagine this kinda of things; it makes me feel anxious and frightened at the same time. Probably because of the death of my father is still taunting me after what went down that night. I can't keep having that flashbacks. Every time I have it, it creates bad memories.

I went back to thinking of Katy instead. It's a nice thought of her. She makes my head feels cool and calm. I wish my head always feels like this. Why am I suddenly getting a strong feeling that she's a burden. She can't be. Maybe, but not in a way I imagine. She couldn't be.

I wake myself up from that long trance where my back is laying down on to the fluffy couch. Then there's another knock at my door. I feel lazy to get up. Until there's another couple of knocks, which made myself to get up. After taking a few steps; I open the door.

My eyes widened as I see Katy standing on my doorstep. I don't see celebrities knocking at my door very often.

"Katy? what are you doing here?" I asked.

"To check up on you?"

"Did you really?" I smirk.

"Mostly, but not really." she smiles.

"Then, why are you here?" I asked, smiling.

"I'm here because, I just wanted to say in person how much I appreciated the painting of me." She smiles.

"Thank you, I was kind of hoping you'd like it; and luckily you did, so that's amazing."

"Yeah, it was really something."

"Do you maybe want to come in?"

"Yeah."

She entered inside the living room.

"I'm sorry, the house is kind of messy."

"I've seen worse, I lived with my brother for a really long time so I understand why." She laughs.

Again, there's this feeling; the feeling that's stirring inside me, that makes me feel anxious in a good way. I may not know what it is but, it's definitely something.

"I just want to apologize about running away from you."

"There's nothing to apologize for."

"Why do I feel like I do?"

"Probably because you're such a good person."

She smile. "You're a wiseman Ethan."

I chucked. "That's a joke."