Chapter 30- Ethan.

Chapter 30- Ethan.

***Callie's POV***

Ethan. Ethan where are you? Why do this now? everything is falling apart. Mom has gone blank. She hasn't stop looking for you ever since you started going missing. Just show you're okay, and that would mean a lot.

"Callie, I made lunch, would you like some?"

"Yeah."

"Just eat up okay, and tell me if you need anything; okay?" She smiles, while wiping a tear by the corner of her eyes.

"Mom, just take a seat. You haven't been resting, and eating; I'm worried about you. Look, Ethan; he'll be fine. He can handle himself. I know him."

She sobs. "Callie." I pull her in for a hug.

"Oh mom, I'm sorry this is happening. I'm really sorry."

"I'm really worried about your brother. I have no idea where he is, or if he's fine."

"Sssh.... Just breathe." I rub her hair back and forth.

"I was there."

"There what?"

"Your brother's funeral. I was there. I was at a car, looking at you and Ethan, wondering if you're hating for not showing up. I just couldn't stand the idea of him; being dead. As soon as I watched your brother's coffin being settled down in the ground; I couldn't take it, and so I left. I'm really sorry."

"Mom-mom, there's nothing to be sorry about. I knew you were there. I saw you. The car you were in. I knew that you didn't missed the funeral."

She breaks down, and sobs by my lap. Seeing her in this state of pain makes me feel sorrow, and pity. As I watch her cry, I couldn't take it. I cry. I feel the tear ran down my face, and I hold her.

She gets up, and wipes her tear.

"Just eat Callie, I'll be right back." She said, then left.

I put both my arms, by the side of my head, trying to think what could I do to fix this problem. I would do everything. Everything to make my mom stop crying.

********

Three days later......

After the break down between me and my mom, it's been tough. I don't even know if he's still alive. I think that I'm giving up. He hasn't been found in a month now. As usual my mom is still not giving up. She's still working 24/7 looking for him. Looking at every source she've got.

But, I feel like we should just give up. What's the point of looking, if he doesn't want to be found? I just don't know what to do anymore. I cannot take watching my mom try her very best looking for him, when clearly he doesn't want to be found. Obviously.

I knock at my mom's room, and the door happen to slip by. As I open it slowly; I find her laying down her desk, with a lot of papers, and pictures. I take the pictures, for what it seems like Ethan. Ethan!?!? Is this recent? this could be like a while ago.

I also take the papers, and I read them. As I flip through the pages, all I keep seeing is company this, company that. It's all about the company. Nothing Ethan related. Well, except for the picture.

"Mom, wake up." I wake my mom up; planning to ask her about the pictures and the papers.

She rubs both of her eyes. "What is Callie? is there anything you need?"

"No-no, I'd just like to ask; what is this about?"

"Just company paperworks, and some pictures of your brother."