Chapter 48- I'll Wait.

***Ethan's POV***

***Please play Take Me Home by Us from this point on***

There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go for a short period amount of time.

Today is the day all of that will happen to me. The day where the distance begins. The day where scars will occur within me. It's unthinkable for me to even think about this. Her leaving me for such a long time is unbearable. I don't like being in a long far away distance with someone I love. That's something I don't want to ever happen. But, I guess today is the day where things have to happen. I can't control it.

This is the hardest thing I've ever done. Letting her walk out of my life, even though we have strong promise to each other. I can't just put up with what I think I'm feeling, when I know what really I'm feeling is something that's burning inside of me.

I know that I've told myself that I knew that this is bound to happen somehow, but I didn't know it' hurt this much. I feel like by the minute we get closer to the minute she leaves, the closer I feel like I'm being stabbed by a dagger in my heart.

This is too much pain, that I don't even know if I can bare.

"Let me help you with that." I smiled, hiding the pain away that's written all over my face.

"Thank you." She smiled, handing me her clothes, putting it inside her luggages.

I sat by the floor slowly putting things inside, trying to remind myself that this'll be over soon, and we both can get back to where we left off.

This is harder than I thought. I feel like my world is falling apart, by just looking at her. I can see her trying to hold back her tears, wiping tears by the corner of her eyes. I quickly turned away, not being able to bare with what I'm seeing.

"I can't do this, you know what; I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving you." She sighed, taking a seat by her bed.

I stand up, heading towards her. As much as I want her to stay, I don't want to be the one that's holding her back. I don't want to be a burden.

"Katy, you have to, you have to leave. Don't turned down everything because of me." I said, while wiping her tears that I can't bare to see.

"Just tell me to stay, and I will."

"You have no idea how much I want you to, but I can't let you do this. You have to go. Thousands of people are waiting for you, and I don't want to interfere with it."

"This is really painful." She said, pulling me in for a hug. There, she burst. I can feel her letting all of her emotion out. I stroked her hair, letting her know that it'll be alright. We will get through this.

"I know." I hug her to tightly, that she may even suffocate. "Now, let's continue packing. Your plane will arrive in an hour."

*******

After a whole lot of painful packing, we're finally done, and ready to go.

"It's all set, ready to go?" I asked, holding her shoulder, while she scans her room.

"Yeah, I'm ready." She holds my hand, tightly as she possibly can.

As we head downstairs, both of her parents are already waiting for us in front of the door.

"All set Katy?" Her dad asked, while pulling her in for a hug.

"Yeah. Is it okay if Ethan drops me off at the airport?"