Chapter 33- The Departure.

A/N: this chapter will be really QUICK. Sorry if it's too short, I just really wanted to explain what happens afterwards towards Ethan. And apparently it's not that much, so maybe the next chapter is a little longer. Sorry again about this short chapter.

Chapter 33- The Departure.

***Ethan's POV***

I messed up about everything, and I get that now; I do. I should've known from the start. I should've realized that what I'm about to do is something that's going to affect me later on in the future. But, I was so stubborn, that I didn't think of the outcome. I was too selfish, and now the consequences are biting me in the ass.

Mom is gone, company is a disaster, and Callie is leaving. My whole word is falling apart, and it's getting worst. It's only a matter of time before I start losing Antonio and Katy.

All I wanted is to protect the people I love, but I failed. I instead hurt them. I thought that by running away means they don't have to deal with me, and they'll be fine as they should be. But, I didn't realize that I was actually hurting them.

I realize that hiding what I really feel, and trying to make everyone happy in other words protecting them; doesn't make me a protector, it's just making me a liar. Just because I think I'm doing the right thing doesn't mean I really am.

It's been killing me thinking about what happened that night. I don't think I'll ever forget about it. It has now turned into a nightmare. I could've done something, but I just stood there, and did nothing. I hate myself for doing that.

I don't think there would ever be a way for me to forget about it. I just won't ever.

"Callie...... Is there any other way I can change your mind about leaving?"

"Ethan, it's my choice, and I'm sticking to it. I just need to get away from this place, and start somewhere new."

"You meant, you need to stay away from me, come on Callie, I can take the truth. I know you still hold a grudge against me."

She pauses, and sets her eyes somewhere else.

"Ethan..... I don't hold a grudge against you, I just need to stay away."

"From me."

"Look, Ethan I have to go; I'm gonna miss my flight."

The speaker turns on. "All passenger boarding flight 332 Paris, France; may board now. Pet carriages may be given to the flight attendant separately."

"I have to go Ethan. Just promise me one thing; please take care of yourself, and make good decision from now on." She smiles.

"Yeah, sis." I pull her in for a hug.

Then, I watch her leave; walking towards the entrance of plane she's about to board. She's departing again.

I turn my back; walking towards the exit, not knowing what to do anymore. I have no one in my family. They're all gone because of me.

***********

A day has passed by, and it's officially my first day waking up; dealing with the fact that my mom is dead. I barely got any sleep last night; still thinking about what could've I done differently. It's killing me just to think about it.

I do the same routine as what I do every morning. But everything is such a blur. Everything is now different. I can't take it. I don't think I'll ever can. How the hell am I suppose to adjust to this.

As soon as I force myself to get up; a knock at my door startled me. I walk over to the door; wondering who it is. I look over at peephole; and Katy is there. She's just probably checking up on me, and see how I'm handling all of what's been happening to me.