Chapter 18: The Effect

***Ethan's POV***

It hurts. It hurts so much thinking of what she have said to me. It hurts so much, that I can't take it anymore. I can't bare to think that she said what she said.

Ever since I landed Cali, all I can think about is what she have said, and what I've said. A lot happened in one day, that things happened too fast. I wasn't aware of anything of that happening. I bet she isn't too.

My phone suddenly buzzes. As I pick it up; I have 15 missed calls from Antonio, and 8 missed calls from Angela. She probably wants to talk about what happened between Katy and I.

I think, that it's best to forget.

Forget about her, and everything we've gone through.

It has been officially another month since the incident between us happened. I've been forcing myself to forget about it and move on. She did; I bet.

Why can't I? Why can't I move on, and try to forget about it?

Is it because I now know that it's my fault, and for hearing the side of her story, and calling her a liar about it.

What was I thinking?

Was I thinking hard enough of what I'm saying, why does every thing seems like it's all my fault. Blaming myself isn't going to help.

*******

Days after days have passed, and no matter what I do, and think, I still end up thinking about her. She has been popping inside my brain for a while now, and I cannot stop it. It's like I'm under a spell or something.

Then, there's a knock at my door.

I open the door, and I see Antonio standing at my doorstep.

"Dude what do you want?" I said; while frowning.

"You haven't returned any of my calls, and god knows what happened to you."

"As you can see I'm alright, got your satisfaction yet?"

"What happened back in Denmark? You just took off without telling me, leaving me alone, you didn't even bother to warn me or anything."

"I just had to go okay." I sigh.

"Dude, I'm not leaving until you tell me what happened to you back there in Denmark."

"Dude." I sigh, of irritation.

"Not leaving." Clicking his tongue, with a smirk written all over his face.

As much as I want to not tell him, I can tell that he's not going to stop until he gets what he wants.

"You're really not living aren't you?"

"Nope."

I sigh. "Ugh! fine."

"Go ahead, what made you leave Denmark?"

"We said some pretty unpleasant things towards each other and let's just say that things were said, and truth were unleashed."

"What happened? What made that happened between you two?"

"Cause' I saw her with another guy, I panicked, and then the next thing I know she was chasing me, and-and she tried reasoning with me, then, I called her a liar, and that's when everything fell into place. Do you know what's the last word she said to me?"

"What is it?"

"At least he's not like you." I said; melancholically.

"Dude, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."