Chapter 66- Problems

***Katy's POV***
I waited inside the ER, still not knowing if he's going to be okay. I was filled with such worry, and fear. The fact that his beach house got burned down, his company being in trouble, and his car got bombed; it's maybe too much for him to handle.
He was trying to conceal the pain, all throughout the flight yesterday, maybe at that time, he was feeling numb. That company means the world to him, and one of the only thing that reminds him of his mom and dad. I wonder why this is happening to him.
I couldn't help but to be riddled with fear. I can feel both of my legs shaking uncontrollably, and I can't cope it. I tried intertwining my hands together, but it's no use. I still feel frightened.
I tried calling Antonio to tell him about this but he's not answering. Then, his Aunt, which is not answering also. I would call Callie, but I don't know her number, plus she's all the way to Paris. Basically, I'm all he has right now.
I tried calling Angela, and David but they weren't retuning also. Everyone seems to be gone when they're needed the most.
I looked up seeing a man in a white coat standing across from me. I quickly take a stand, and looked at him.
"How is he?" I started, "is he going to be okay?"
"He's going to be fine, but he does need to stay here for three days just ️to be sure if he starts having headache." He said, as he coughed, and settled down his board to the side. "but I have a question."
I felt relieved that he's going to be fine.
"What is it?"
"Was he near something loud before he was unconscious?"
His car blowing up was the first thing that popped into my head. And of course, I can't say it or it's just going to lead with a lot of question.
"No." I lied.
"Well, something happened with his hearing. But nothing serious. It was just in shock. And his recent depression is not helping."
"Is there a suggestion for him to get better?"
"Yeah, just avoid him from stress, and he needs to be happy. His health seems to be normal so, no need to worry about that." He smiled, as he checked something off his board.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome. And if you have any other question just look for me." He said once more, and he took off.
As he was fading, I stopped him.
"Wait!" I said.
He looked back, and stopped.
"What is it?"
"Can I go see him?"
"Yeah of course."
I smiled, and walked over inside the room. It was quiet, cold, and a bit dark. I saw a couple of tubes attached to him. It was both morphine. All I hear is a beeping sound, which is good, meaning that he's alive.
Seeing him like this is not a pleasant thing to see. I walked over beside him, and held out his hand.
"You'll be okay. You will be." I said, and pressed my lips against his hand.
I sat there besides him, and just stared at him.
His phone beeped. I tried looking for it, but I can't find it. Until I hear the buzzing sound inside his pocket. I pulled it out. His screen was filled with his company calling him; saying about the problems, and that if this doesn't get fix sooner like he said, it would shut down.
His beach house is badly burned, as I read the notice. And then another one came in. It says that they've lost 5 people in the whole board switching to the other side. And then another one. This time is says, that his company is losing money. And then a lot of beeped came in. It just keeps beeping of notices, until I turned it off.
His problems is increasing rapidly. The right thing to do is to tell him about this when he wakes up, but on the other hand, if he finds out about this, he'll go i to depression again, and then worst thing can happen. The doctor specifically said to keep him out of stress, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.
---
I woke up because of a movement. I didn't even notice that I have fallen asleep. I looked up seeing Ethan gaining consciousness. I was startled, but at the same time joyed.
"Hey-hey, try not to move a lot." I stuttered, "The doctor just gave you a shot half hour ago."
"I have to get to the beach house." He mumbled, "I have to." He tried moving away from his bed, but I stopped him.
"You can't. The doctor said---" he cut me off.
"Katy, you have to understand I have to." He still resisted on going.
I looked besides me a pill. I remembered the doctor saying that if he something happens, the pill would put him to sleep. While he stills trying to to get out, I smashed the pill with my hands, and put the powder into the cup of water. I shook it a couple of times, until it was covered in fluid.
"Okay-okay you can go." I started, "but first, at least drink this water before you go."
He didn't fight it. He slowly nodded, and take the water. I watched him gulped all the fluid. He gave me the cup, and I smiled sadly.

My Pop Star //. Series #1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara