Chapter 70- I'm Sorry.......

***Ethan's POV***

Last night was the best night of my life. It was also the night I realized something big. God knows how much I love her, and maybe it's time I ask her to marry me. When I'm with her, I always see a future with her. And I want to be with her forever.

I've been thinking about asking her to marry me lately, and last night was the night that made me realize that this is the person I want to spend my life with. I never loved anyone as much as I love her.

She makes me happy, and I want to be with her forever. Not until I die, because I want to be with her even after life.

I made a decision that I'll ask her to marry me. And I know exactly what ring I'll be giving to her. I pulled out my necklace that was hidden under my polo. It was my mom's ring that she received from my father the day he made commitment. And that day for me is today.

She means so much to me, that it makes me crazy. I smiled, examining the ring. I can't wait until she comes here tonight, that's when I'll be kneeling down and asking her the important question of all.

Will you marry me?

AHHH!!! I'm so excited I can't wait. I pulled out my phone, seeing her face as my lock screen. I placed the ring beside my phone. Today is the day I will propose to you.

There's no one I rather be spending my life with than you. I pecked the ring, and placed it back inside polo. My mom used to say to me that when I find the person I want to be with forever, I won't let it escape me. Because that'll be the most painful thing ever. To lose someone you love so much.

I don't what to do if I lose her. It's something I cannot see myself surviving. Now that I found that person, it's time that I ask her the question I've been contemplating a long time ago.

----

I was waiting for her in my couch for hours. But I didn't mind. I'm willing to wait for a long time. Until seconds later, the door knocked. I rushed to my door, and opened it. I see Katy standing right across me.

***Katy's POV***

"Hey, you're back early." He greeted me with a kiss.

I've always loved it when he does this kind of things. Now, that I think about it, how am I suppose to protect him from Dean. I have to do what I think is best for him. I have to. I can't bare to see him in a state of pain.

I have to do as exactly what Dean said. I'm so sorry Ethan, I have to. This is the only way I can think of to protect you.

"Hey, what's with the pouty face?" He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist. He's really making this hard on me.

"I'm tired." I said.

"Oh, then you can just rest right here on the couch, with me." He gestured right on the couch, "and I want to ask you something."

I gulped down a huge ball of saliva down my throat.

"No, I mean I'm tired of this."

"What?" He half smiled.

"We can't do this anymore." I blurted out. I feel my heart shattering as I said those words to him. That, I never thought I would.

"What do you mean?" He asked, in full of shock.

"I don't want to be with you anymore. I'm tired of you. I don't want you around me anymore." I said, with my voice raising like I'm really furious. I have to toughen this up. I can't be too weak.

"Katy, if you're messing with me, this is not a good joke." He chuckled. "Why are you joking all of the sudden?"

"I'm not kidding. I'm serious." I said. "And honestly, I don't think this is working out anymore."
"Hey, I'm serious; this is not a good joke. Don't mess around with me like this." He shifted his whole body against me.

I slowly closed my eyes, and aggressively moved his hands off of me.

"I don't want you anymore."

"Why are you doing this?"

"I have no reason. It's my own decision to take you out of my life."

"Katy."

"It's best if you forget everything we had. Take care."

"What's wrong with you? You said you loved me countless of times, so why are you doing this?"

"It's because of me."

"What?"

"This time, I realized that you and I live in two separate worlds. Even though we met in a dream-like fate, but now it's time to return to our separate worlds."

"That's a lie. You're lying to me right now. Tell me why you're doing this?"

I didn't answer, but instead walk right past him. On the way to the door, I can feel the tears escaping to the corner of my eyes. I have to be strong.

"Don't leave." He shouted, pleadingly.

I stopped.

"You said you love me, your love is like this? You said you love me, and you're going to end it so easily?"

"Maybe it was just this much. No matter how much I loved you, maybe this is all I could put up with. Just this much. Maybe it was just that."

"Say it, Aside from your popularity, and being a celebrity, have you ever seen me as the person you can love forever?"

"No. No matter how much you struggle on loving me so much, I can never ever love you forever. I never forgot that, not even for a single moment." I said, and once again walk right past him, on the way outside where the driver is waiting for me.

As I walk away from him, I feel nothing but the numbness inside of me. This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole entire life.
I got inside my car, settling my bag to the side, wiping tears away from my eyes.

"Katy, stop." He yelled, and came running to side of the car.

I didn't give him a look, but rather ignoring him like he wasn't even there.

"Should we go miss?" The driver asked.

I gulped hard, "Go."

As the car accelerates it's way out of his house, I can still hear his voice pleading to stop.

"Katy! Katy! Please pull over." He knocked on the window, still pleading hardly. I quickly shifted to look at him, who happens to be soaking wet by the rain. I quickly looked away.

"Go faster." I demanded.

As it moves fast, he can no longer keep up. I feel him fading away from me, as we head towards the emptiness of the road.
I looked at the side mirror, seeing Ethan slowly weeping down the ground. And I wish I can these things to him.

Ever since I've loved you, I've always known that I'll love you forever, and I always wished for it, that for you to be happy, and safe.

I'm so sorry Ethan for not being able to keep our promise. I'm sorry. I wiped down my tears.