Chapter 3

** Mahogany's POV & Thoughts **

We arrived at the Orphanage and it was kinda sad and creepy. The orphanage was plain and seemed like a hotel.

It must be horrible living here and it breaks my heart knowing that every kid wishes to get adopted but not everyone does everyday.

I really wish I could adopt all the kids and make them happy, but Jacob and I honestly just want to adopt one, preferably a girl but a boy is alright too.

We walked up to the door and I was really nervous. "What if the child, doesn't like me?" i asked Jacob.

"Don't worry babe, you're amazing and I know for sure that the kid will love" he said back nervously. I could tell he was nervous as we walked inside and knocked on the office door.

A lady around her mid thirties opened the door and greeted us with a smile. "Hello, how can we help you?" she asked us.

"We want to adopt a child today and bring him or her home with us today" Jacob said and she nodded.

We walked into her office and sat down, she started taking out folders, which I assume are the children.

"What age, race, gender do you guys prefer?" she asked us.

"We want any kid, it doesn't really matter any of those things, we'll like them no matter what" I said and she nodded.

"What interests you guys" she asked us and we thought about things.

"We just want a kid that has suffered a lot and deserves to be adopted and the one who's been here for a long time" I said because I think the person who's been here the longest deserves to go.

"Well, we have a 15 year old and she's been through a lot and is a great girl, but I don't think you'd be interested in her" she said strictly.

"Why not?" Jacob asked.

"Well, considering that you guys are twenty and it's just odd if you guys had a 15 year old daughter. I'm not saying its impossible, it's just odd" she said to us.

"We want to see her, I think we'd probably like to adopt her" i said and Jacob agreed. I guess it is a little odd, but she doesn't deserve to stay here any longer.

"Okay" she said and went to a microphone and said "Angie, please come to my office".

"Just to let you know, Angie, isn't a open book you just need to let her warm up to you" she said and I nodded. Can't wait to meet her!

"Alright, is there anything we should know about her?" i asked her.

"Her parents died in a fire when she was around six, she lived with an abusive uncle and aunt, and she's been living in silence" she said and when I heard all those things it broke my heart.

"We'd really like to adopt her" Jacob said.

** Angie's POV & Thoughts **

I walked to her room and inside were a couple who seemed to be in their twenty and they were smiling at me.

"Hi, do you need any help Mrs. John?" i asked her.

"No, sit. Meet Mr and Mrs Whitesides, they want to adopt you" she said and when I heard those words I thought she was crazy.

"Wait, really?" I asked confused.

"Really, we would love to" Mrs. Whitesides said with a smile.

"Okay" I said awkwardly considering that they want to adopt a 15 year old.

Mrs John, was asking them to sign some papers and apparently me new name is Angie Whitesides.

"Okay, Angie I'll walk you to your room and help you pack your things" she said and I walked with her to my room.

I grabbed a suitcase and started filling it in with clothes and some other random things and I grabbed a bracelet that i received when I was born and put it on. I also got my songbook, yes I write songs but most people consider them weird so not many people know about this book.

"Be good with your new family. I'll miss you very very much" she said and it kinda scared me bit.

"Okay, thank you for everything you've done for me" I said and gave her a hug.

"I wish I could just keep you forever" she said.

She walked me outside and we said our final goodbyes and I walked toward the car.

"Here, let me help you Angie" Mr. Whitesides said and helped me with my suitcase. It's funny how i don't know their name.

I got in the car and awkwardly sat there until Mrs. Whitesides spoke up.

"Hey, I'm Mahogany and this is Jacob, and I hope you'll like us as your parents because we're happy to have you as our daughter" Mahogany said and I just nodded.

Well, this seems like it's going to be a new life ....

A/N: Thanks for reading. vote and comment.

Should I keep writing this story or ?