Chapter 5

** Angie's POV & Thoughts **

I got out of the shower and grabbed on some clean sweats and a random T-shirt that I got from my suitcase. I put my hair in a side braid and sat on my bed, and my songbook was out.

That's weird. I don't remember taking out, but oh well. I just sticked it back in my suitcase, and unlocked my phone, and went through it.

There was nothing on it except for there were people in my contact and there were people like Hayes, two jacks, Carter, and others. Who are these people?

"Angie, dinner is ready" I heard Jacob shout, so I walked downstairs and everyone was smiling at me and it was kinda creepy.

I sat down between Jacob and I think his name was Cameron? Mahogany started giving out plates to everyone and we were eating Raviolis and it was great.

"So how was your day?" Cameron asked everyone.

"Great, we got to adopt Angie" Mahogany and Jacob said and I gave them a slight smile.

Then everyone said some things about what they did and stuff, and these guys actually seemed like a interesting group of people.

"So, I'm surprised you haven't overreacted over us or anything" Matt said, is this kid crazy or something. I just ignored him and kept on eating.

"Don't you know who we are or something? I mean didn't you have a social life?" Nash asked and I really didn't feel like responding to them.

"Guys, leave her alone" Jacob said and they stayed quiet.

I was eating my food and just listening to them talk and it was kinda awkward for me since I was still confused on they who they were. I don't blame them, they're aren't bad looking. I just really don't spend time social media that's all, and I rarely left the orphanage, so honestly the only places I spent were in my room.

"So why are you always so quiet, are you scared or something?" Nash commented and I immediately started to feel scared.

** Flashback **

"Get up you dumb bitch" my aunt said as she grabbed me by the hair.

"Bring her over here" my uncle shouted and my aunt dragged me by the hair and threw me to my uncle.

"Speak, who were those people?" he asked me as he pulled on my hair.

I stayed silent because I knew if I told them who those people were they'd hurt them so I stayed silent.

"So why are you so quiet, are you scared or something" he whispered into my ear.

Then later that night I got severe beating from both my uncle and aunt.

**Flashback Ends **

"Thank you for dinner" I mumbled and quickly got up and went to my room.

I went to my room and locked the door and sat in my bed taking deep breaths.

Angie, don't worry they're gone. They won't get you.

Silence, fear, my worst enemies. The ones who always took over my body a shut everyone out.

** Mahogany's POV & Thoughts **

"So why are you always so quiet, are you scared or something?" Nash commented and Angie immediately seemed shocked.

We all looked at her and she seemed to space out and I could see the fear in her eyes.

"Thank you for dinner" she mumbled and quickly got up and I assumed she went to her room.

"Really guys?" I asked them with a glare.

"What? I just asked her a simple question" Nash defended.

"Guys, I don't know if you guys understand but she grew up with a horrible past that we really don't know about" Jacob said.

"We're trying to be nice, like I'd think she'd freak out because we are famous" Matt said.

"Well, I don't know what to say" Shawn said.

"Let's go check on her" Jacob said and I nodded.

"Clean up please, guys" I said and they nodded.

A/N: Thanks for reading. vote and comment.

QOTC: Do you think Angie overreacted?